Favourite car movies

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Two others that I had forgotten about.

"Motorama" (the trailer does not show just how weird/odd the movie is)

[video=youtube]

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay somebody let the cat out of the bag and we are onto truck movies....

and since we ARE....:D I might add Smokey and the Bandit scene with the truck race has my brother in it. He is driving a Mack ...which was furnished by Neely Coble Co in Nashville,Al,Ga., and my brother as the driver. The scene was at Lakeway Speedway outside of Atlanta.

Since it was a MACK... Rocketfoot should appreciate it!!!:D

Best Car Chase Movies from the 1970s.

or at least that is the title of this YouTube video.

10.  The Man With The Golden Gun 1974

9.    The Driver 1978

8.    Smokey and the Bandit 1977

7.    Mad Max 1979

6.    The Burgulars 1971

5.    The Seven Ups 1973

4.    Blazing Magnum 1976 (1971 Mustang)

3.    Duel 1971

2.    Gone in 60 Seconds 1974

1.    The French Connection 1971

A little surprised no mention of Diamonds Are Forever in this list.

Ray

I guess I'd have to put American Graffiti up first, liked Bullitt too, and Diamonds are Forever....most of what's already been mentioned. The problem for me, is the "non-realistic movie car" stigma that I get when I see some of the movies....like the switch to turn on and off the blower in Mad Max, or the wheelstanding Dodge Charger in Fast and Furious. Most people don't care or don't know that's not how things work in reality, but I grimace when I see it. Being an ex-aircraft mechanic, I roll my eyes when someone in a movie just jumps into a helicopter, starts it up immediately, like it has a key to start it, rotors spinning, and flys away....no ignitors snapping, no turbine spooling up, etc. I though the best part of American Graffiti II was the drag racing segments, but then again, Moroso valve covers on aluminum heads on a small block Chevy in 1965, right off the bat, made me think "Geeeezus, find someone who knows about the topic before you shoot the film!"

Having said all that, I dug the 007 movie "Goldfinger", where the Aston-Martin had all those gimmicks...ejection seat, machine guns, oil slick, bullet-proof shield behind rear window, etc. That was one of the things those James Bond movies were known for, is the special toys and weapons. Unrealistic perhaps, but befitting the worlds foremost secret agent.

It takes two 1988. About a road trip to buy a Lamborghini replica. Not all car, but good for any audience. Good couples movie.

"Geeeezus, find someone who knows about the topic before you shoot the film!"

Halicki knew.. Sadly, that's about it.  :( May he R.I.P.

Back