Fender body work

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1973 Mach 1 Q code 4 speed
1973 Chevelle 454 SS
2005 Magnum RT
2008 Colorado
O.K. you body people, mechanic trying to learn. After sanding my fender I see where the horizontal lip that bolts the fender down is in need of new metal along the top and down about an inch. QUESTION Do I

A. Blast all the rust out and weld the new metal to the inside of the fender.

B. Cut out the bad and weld in the new metal which would require copying the holes?

C. Weld a new piece over the old and drill out the holes.

D. Buy a new fender

Want to do it right

You crazy rascal. :p I'll say this you are consistant.

Here you are!

You probably can't really see, but basiclly it's pretty bad about 20 inches in the center

DSCN1051.JPGDSCN1052.JPGDSCN1053.JPG

Thats not bad at all..Cut out the old & weld in new Make a template first BEFORE you cut anything out..Make your new piece..THEN cut out the old..Looks like you could leave the bent edge & make the patch from there back..Check my vid

Thats not bad at all..Cut out the old & weld in new Make a template first BEFORE you cut anything out..Make your new piece..THEN cut out the old..Looks like you could leave the bent edge & make the patch from there back..Check my vid

great video ::yourock:: every time I watch one of your vids I learn something. I see a lot of how to vids online but yours are short and to the point. Nice and simple. Keep them coming. I am sure I am not the only one who appreciates them. :udaman:

Last edited by a moderator:
Back