Finally my introduction...

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RichsMach73

Reaction score
My Car
73' Mach 1 in need of restoration. Planning a major overhaul this summer, though I really doubt this car will ever be "done".
Hey guys! I've been like a fly on the wall for the last couple months, reading old posts and admiring the work so many of you have put into your cars. Fifteen years ago I bought my 73 Mach 1, I was working in a body shop at the time and had plans to get it fixed up and painted. I drove the car to and from work for about a month and decided it was time to tear her apart. I found some old body work on the fenders and stupidly ground it all down to bare metal. I was only 19 years old at that time and had a whole lot of better things I'd rather do than sand on that old car. My poor car sat for a couple of years, I quit my job and the body shop and started a new job operating a concrete pump. The new job, which isn't so new anymore consumes the majority of my time. But I'm happy to announce that is now time to get my Mach1 project moving into the forward direction. A couple of years ago I decided to pull the old motor and got a donor motor out of a 90' Bronco ( I don't have the original motor). Right now the front suspension and steering components are all out of the car and a new suspension kit from Laurel Mountain Mustangs is sitting in the garage waiting to be installed. While cleaning everything up and prepping to paint prior to installing the new suspension I decided to pull the motor and transmission to do a better job at cleaning up,the engine bay and underbody of the car. Floor pans will be ordered in the next couple of days as well. I'm planning on swapping the rear drum brakes to disc and throwing some drilled and slotted rotors on, I think they will great behind some new magnum 500 wheels. I plan on posting regular progress reports and am likely to start asking lots of questions. I'm so glad to have stumbled upon this gold mine of information about our 71-73 mustangs.

image.jpg

My old girl.image.jpg

My old girl

image.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to the site from Virginia. Sounds like you have a good plan.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

Welcome from Virginia, looks like a solid car to build up. Keep us posted on your work. Or head over to the personal build threads section and let everyone see how your coming along.

Welcome from So Cal...but I am actually in Santa Rosa as we speak. LOL....I'm staying a few nights here because my brother is graduating from Sonoma State. What a small world.

Thank you all! I'm feeling really motivated right now and am sure seeing everyone else's progress will get me through my less motivated times. I went to a car show yesterday and that lit a huge fire under my ass. Going to go pick up the engine hoist and engine stand tomorrow.

Including a pic of a 66 mustang that I painted for a friend a few years back, he's no longer with us but his Dad frequents the local cars shows in his memory.

Mikes 66' RIP

image.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back