fingers crossed

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
'73 mustang convt.
I saw it for sale by chance.

Guy has had several offers but he doesn't want to ship and doesn't want to trade.

It's a few hours from my home but some friends are headed up that way tomorrow for a trip they had planned, the seller is off the beaten trail.

If all goes well they will be in possession of it in about 24 or so hours.

They have the cash. I am paying full asking price.

Only thing that can screw me is if someone shows up with cash in hand. If the seller tells a potential buyer of my plan they may hurry up and find the cash...

Exciting!

What is it? I can't tell you yet but I have wanted one for years. I just had to share my excitement with some folks that would understand...

I called the guy back and asked if he had any way I could give him a deposit. No go. He doesn't do paypal. He said he would tell folks there is a sale pending for tomorrow.

We will see. Hopefully no one will try to show up with cash anyways. Cash talks. He has had it sitting around for a while. I talked 'cars' on the phone with him for about 20 minutes.

fingers crossed...

Whatever it is good luck for tomorrow and I hope you get it..

This reminds me of a joke . ....How do you keep a fool in suspense ? I"ll tell you tomorrow .:)

LOL, I wouldn't fit in a pedal car. But this does fit in the category of 'Engine, Drivetrain and performance'.

No "I just sold it" calls from the guy today. I know he has my number since he has previously called me back. He knows I am serious so I am hopeful he is holding it.

Thanks for keeping your fingers crossed. I appreciate you all sharing my excitement.

Wow, I've never seen anyone get so excited about a Yugo before ..
The only car to go off the Macinac Bridge...

Here's hoping it works out for ya!
Speaking of Yugo's I saw one on my trip to Bozeman, Mt when I was in my Mach 1 going through Idaho. It was in very good condition. I was a little shocked and had to do a double take.

Wow, I've never seen anyone get so excited about a Yugo before ..
The only car to go off the Macinac Bridge...

Here's hoping it works out for ya!
Speaking of Yugo's I saw one on my trip to Bozeman, Mt when I was in my Mach 1 going through Idaho. It was in very good condition. I was a little shocked and had to do a double take.
I saw an AMC gremlin a few months ago at a local airport. I called the wife over to look at it, she though I was nuts. Unlike the Yogo, the Gremlin was totally ahead of its time.

Okay, back on subject. Count down continues. The couriers have instructions and an envelope with the cash as well as instructions and a map. They will meet up with the seller tomorrow. They will notify us when they leave town, I will call the seller to let them know.

DRAMA!!!!

This is almost as exciting as when I 'won' my tripower on Ebay back in 2000 or located a tilt steering in Florida way before Al Gore invented the internet.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back