flashers

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bdietz

Reaction score
My Car
1971 429scj
I am putting together a 71 mach 1 and the flashers come on when I push the button in and go off when I pull it out. shouldn't it be the other way around?

I am putting together a 71 mach 1 and the flashers come on when I push the button in and go off when I pull it out. shouldn't it be the other way around?
My guess, switch the wires around. Do you have LED lights in the signals? If so, you need a grounded flasher like this one on both turn and hazards.
In this pic, I had to make short jumper wires because the harness was made wrong and I needed to reverse the polarity.

Attachments

• IMG_0178.JPG
    IMG_0178.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
Hmmm.. I never bothered paying attention to the action of the emergency flasher switch, but as I pondered it seemed to me you are likely correct. So, I dove into my handy dandy wiring schematic to see how the switch is designed to work. Well, it does look like it is meant to be pulled out to start the emergency flasher and lights, and pushing it in to stop the flashing. But, I do not see how the wiring could have been reversed anywhere to cause the switch to behave differently. I looked at a few YouTube videos where I confirmed the Pull = Flashers On, Push = Flashers Off.

Attached is a snippet of the schedmatic for the Emergency Flasher Switch...

1708985090419.png

Latest posts

Back