Floor pan thickness??

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GonHuntin

Reaction score
My Car
73 vert
Looking at the Dynacorn 71-73 full length floor pans on your website. Can you tell me the thickness of the material??

Thanks, Mark

If it helps, here is a picture of the floorpan I purchased. It is a CHL LG-10-066/LH I think I bought from CJ's two years ago. I could be wrong or it may not be what they have now? Measures roughly 0.035 inches thick. I used the full right side and a little over half of the drivers. That's why I still have this piece.

floorpanel.jpg

Thanks for the info, can't tell from the label, is that a Dynacorn part??

Regarding Dynacorn, I just bought trunk hinges for my 66 fastback. They had a clearly marked Dynacorn label. Strange thing though, there was part of another label under it. I heated it and removed the top label, there wasn't enough of the bottom label to determine a supplier. But it did get me to thinking, that they could have suppliers around the world. Both labels said made in Taiwan on them. No issues in quality, they were super. Just a heads up. Verdict still out.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks, I'm trying to determine if the Dynacorn pans are the same as the others. Looks like both of your pans are 19-20 gauge which is the same as advertised at Classic Auto Parts. I don't mind paying extra for better parts, but I don't want to pay a premium for the same part with a different label.

Good point. Just make sure you get the 71-73 pans. Because the 65-73 pans are designed for 65-68 cars, but they need mods to fit the later cars because of front frame rail position.

A difference in price may be not due to thickness but due to the quality of stamping. Like how early in the life of the die the pan was stamped. The more a die is used the more it is worn out and the quality is reduced. Sheet metal stamped after the life expectancy of the die may be cheaper. This is just a guess, but I have no confirmation of such a claim. I purchased the Dynacorns and have not yet installed them. I will check tonight, but 035 rings a bell.

Latest posts

Back