FMX TRANS, GONE BAAD

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
back in the day ,it was norm to ditch either in favor for the C6. but today you can build a potent C4 that will handle insane amounts of power.if you are going to change ,look into a modern auto like the 4R70W.its considered a modern C6 with about the same weight,performance and you get overdrive.the 5R55 is another good option,but a bellhousing might be hard to find

Hello

Im so pissed, becaus the fmx trans, on my 72 mustang is gon, and my mecanic said that its better to change for a C4 trans, what do you think?
If your mechanic can rebuild the FMX, then that is the way to go. Parts are still available, however not as plentiful as the C4 or C6 for obvious reasons. The FMX is plenty stout for just about any street/strip application.

Changing to a C4 will require a different crossmember, yoke, driveshaft, shift linkage, kickdown rod, block plate and flex plate.

Hello

Im so pissed, becaus the fmx trans, on my 72 mustang is gon, and my mecanic said that its better to change for a C4 trans, what do you think?
If your mechanic can rebuild the FMX, then that is the way to go. Parts are still available, however not as plentiful as the C4 or C6 for obvious reasons. The FMX is plenty stout for just about any street/strip application.

Changing to a C4 will require a different crossmember, yoke, driveshaft, shift linkage, kickdown rod, block plate and flex plate.
Can´t find any replacements in Mazatlán, have to change to a C5 trans, i may sell the parts of the fmx, that still usable, dont´n have to change the cross member.

Back