Ford Carlisle 2014

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I will be there with the 71. Just got my hotel reservations confirmed tonight at the Hotel carlisle. My parents will be taking their 66 and my nephew will be taking his 74. Hope to see some guys there. Got some stuff to button up on the car in next 2 weeks.

I made a reservation at the Econo Lodge in Carlisle. I'll probably be driving my 2004 Mach 1 since the 73 has a leaking rear main seal and the c4 trans seal is leaking too. So if you see Virginia "RARE PNY" plates on a white 04 Mach 1 that's me!

Guys,

I will be going on Sunday only due to a "hot rod" show in York, Pa on Friday & Saturday the same week-end.

I like walk thru just to look around at parts & cars. I will be bringing my Model A and parking on the street.

Hope to meet a couple of you guys throughout the day.

DSCN1588.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone coming from west of Carlisle?? We are heading there on Friday, If anyone is travelling through then, let me know we can get a little caravan going. We will probably take the PA turnpike 76 out but not set in stone yet.

Got the car back from my engine builder today. He adjusted the timing a bit and fattened up the main jets and did some other tinkering on the carb it for me. Man its runs even better now!! Smooth, powerful, and great to drive. I think its ready for the drive to Carlisle. Having a new set of tires put on tomorrow. Gotta pack up some tools and spare parts for the road and do a final wax and she will be highway ready! We will get there Friday afternoon.

Just a heads up for anyone from out of state, if your planning on having a couple beers don't forget to bring your own or be prepared to find a 6 pack at a bar or get a case of beer at the distributor. PA doesn't sell any alcohol at convenience stores. I will be bringing my budlight with me :D

Going sat to sun. The usual boys trip. Me, father and grandfather. Brother might meet us too. It's going on about a 15 year straight.

I'll be leaving Sat. at 03:00, and I'll be there by 07:00, and let the parts hunting begin....

I was planning on going but I do not think I'll be able to now (two sick kids at home). Is there any chance that the fellas that are going can keep an eye out for a 1971 Mach 1 429 Ram Air Cleaner Snorkel combo there? If you find one you can call me at 315-868-7452 and maybe we can set up something with the seller or you can purchase for me and I'll PayPal you the money… They are just super hard to come by and I can't make it down there this year.

Got back from the show later last night. All went well. It was bigger than I remember over the last few years. I talked to a few organizers there and they were up over 3,200 cars. A good many 7173 mustangs. I didn't get a chance to meet up with any members but did spread the word about our site. I had a 7173mustangs.com flyer in the window. I have a few pics to post but took too many to post all !!! I got some pics of a couple boss 351's and my parents friend had a nice Mach1 there. Took a bunch of pics but totally forgot to get a pic of my own!! My nephew and mom and dads cars all ran great! I had some carb issues. Thought we had all the bugs worked out but I Had a small miss when cruising and seemed to be running a little rich. I got a whopping 7.3 MPG on the way out and back!!! Cost me around $300 bucks just in fuel to get there and back!! DAMN!!! We will get it sorted out, but here's some pics enjoy.

This was my dads buddy's car.

am6uzn.jpg

3024euh.jpg

xmsxtk.jpg

23tldly.jpg

314qgy9.jpg

2s9yukh.jpg

This was one of my favorite cars there. Really liked it.

xehhzm.jpg

akimub.jpg

Found this guy's 71 429 for sale in the car corral. Asking price was $35,000 FIRM. He said it was all original. Saw all kinds of stuff to the contrary. But the funniest thing was the spoiler. I asked about it and he said "that's how it came from the factory" OK. Thanks LOL!

de0ftd.jpg

2nkj85v.jpg

Here's a few that were for sale and the stock show car class:

Parts galore, the first picture show the 5 dollars per part vendor, I got a few spares form him (Convert sunvisors, dash center, glove box, and door trim). The other pix are just showing the plethora of parts that were avail.

IMGP0255.JPG

IMGP0263.JPG

IMGP0264.JPG

IMGP0281.JPG

IMGP0283.JPG

IMGP0284.JPG

IMGP0289.JPG

IMGP0251.JPG

IMGP0252.JPG

IMGP0253.JPG

IMGP0254.JPG

IMGP0272.JPG

IMGP0273.JPG

My car was right beside the blue convertible. For some reason they put me in that class instead of with the 7173 mach 1's. ?? You must of took the pic before we got there or after we left. I was there Saturday only from 9am till about 4 pm

image.jpgGlad to see some new people on the site. I was telling everyone that would listen about this website.

Carlisle was a Blast met some people from the site everyone was great. So many BEAUTIFUL cars.

My car was right beside the blue convertible. For some reason they put me in that class instead of with the 7173 mach 1's. ?? You must of took the pic before we got there or after we left. I was there Saturday only from 9am till about 4 pm
Then this car should look familiar.

IMGP0282.JPG

Then this car should look familiar.
Nice! Yep that's my car. That's the only pic of it at the show. My wife and I took all kinds of pics that day but totally forgot about my own! LOL! How did it sound?? I opened up the headers with the electric cutouts. It was fun watching the crowd part like the Red Sea! :D My dad was having trouble getting through the crowd with his quiet 6 cylinder.

Back