FPA shorty headers

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jiujitsuDave

Reaction score
My Car
1973 Mustang Fastback
2005 Mustang GT
Im looking to purchase FPA shorty headers for a 460 with a C6. Has anyone installed them? How well did they fit, any pics? Any help would be greatly appreciated before I drop $800 on headers

Last edited by a moderator:
They fit great but on the driver side they are super close to the steering box!!!

Yes, I agree! I used them on my car and the header is very close to the steering box. I would suggest a good power steering cooler just to be safe. I had to do a few cutouts on my bell housing so they would fit but that was expected. All and all they fit a hundred times better then my hooker supercomps did.

X3 I have them on my 460, great fit & great service. I highly recommend spending the extra for the ceramic coating - less heat under the hood & my plated ones look kinda rough after 9 years.

thanks guys. Did you have to dimple them at all to fit? If so I dont want to pay for ceramic coat just to damage it. I changed over to manual steering years ago so no concern with the power steering cooler

Dave

Had to clearance mine around the steering box with a BFH. They are well made. I would hold off on the ceramic coating until you have test fit them and done any required clearancing then send them out locally for coating.

Back