front disc conversion

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are you asking a question of feel? The brakes are easy and confident now. But I went from manual drums to power disk. If it is a question of how the pedal Is different. It is how much leverage the manual pedal has. The manual pedal has more leverage than the power brake pedal.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

88e3ab33c25d6e719501eb3fa8a3e17f.jpg

This is the manual brake pedal.

45a667d6412fec0e76d83e948118162b.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Are you asking a question of feel? The brakes are easy and confident now. But I went from manual drums to power disk. If it is a question of how the pedal Is different. It is how much leverage the manual pedal has. The manual pedal has more leverage than the power brake pedal.

If you check my previous posts on this subject, sorry I don't have pictures, I have explained what I am currently doing to upgrade from manual drums to manual 4 piston Kelsey-Hayes style disc and now to power discs with a remanufactured original booster. My car is a 4 speed by the way, but I think there is no difference in pin position. The so called aftermarket direct fit boosters DO NOT FIT with shock tower braces. I know, I tried that option first. The pedal pin position is 2" lower than the manual pin position. I actually did a mock-up with the booster and pedal bracket to get the exact location. I was also changing the clutch pedal bushing to bearings and that is why the bracket was removed from the car. I bought my kit from Mustang Steve and I bought the replacement pin as well. This is really meant for a 69-70 and I found I needed to turn off .100" from the back of the shoulder for better push-rod alignment. It looks like this will all go together very well. If you have access to a lathe, you could make your own pin similar the original. Hope this helps.

Geoff.

Back