FRT SPRING

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Spring selection is influenced by several factors. The added weight of the big block, wheel and tire size, other suspension modifications and last but not least the stance or look you are trying to achieve. I am running NPD's 560 lb 1" lowering springs and they work for me. Many guys run factory type big block springs either with or without cutting coils. It sometimes is a matter of trial and error. Post more specifics about your combo and what you are trying to achieve and perhaps someone here has a similar set up you can emulate.

THANKS TOM.. I CANT GIVE YOU ALOT OF SPECS AT THIS TIME, BUT I HAVE A 460, C6, AND I WANT TO MAINTAIN A LEVEL STANCE FOR LOOKS AND GROUND CLERANCE. I WOULDNT MIND A SPRING WITH ALITTLE UP LIFT TO HELP WEIGHT TRANSFER IF BY ACCIDENT IT SHOULD GET A HARD LAUNCH

Pappy,

When I upgraded my 1973 Grande to a 472 (460 + .060 overbore) , I utilized the KISS principle.

I simply ordered the springs for a 1971 429SCJ Mustang. It worked out fine...in fact, I used that same approach when acquiring parts for many of my interchange "issues" relative to the swap to BBF power.

Hope this helps.

BT

JUST GOT OFF THE NPD, SITE THAT TOMMY TOLD ME ABOUT. IT DIDNT SHOW THE 560 LB. THAT WAS MENTIONED BUT IT DID SHOW THE 429 SPRING AS A 428 LB. SPRING WHICH IS MUCH HEAVIER THAN THE 351 SPRING. THANKS TO YOU BOTH, I WASNT SURE WHERE TO LOOK.

I THANK YOU GENTS. AND CALLING DON WAS MY NEXT STEP, HE'S BEEN GREAT TO ME. IM FORTUNATE THAT THE LAST ORDER I JUST DROVE UP AND PICKED UP. HE'S ABOUT 1HR AND 45 MIN. FROM ME AND SAVES ALOT OF SHIPPING. MY CAR WAS TORN APART IN FRT WHEN I GOT IT AND I NEEDED MESURMENTS FOR THE FRT END AND DON SAID LETS GO TO THE GARAGE,AND GAVE ME A TAPE. GOT TO STAY WHERE YOUR WELCOMED.

Pappy,

When I upgraded my 1973 Grande to a 472 (460 + .060 overbore) , I utilized the KISS principle.

I simply ordered the springs for a 1971 429SCJ Mustang. It worked out fine...in fact, I used that same approach when acquiring parts for many of my interchange "issues" relative to the swap to BBF power.

Hope this helps.

BT
+1 on the 429 stuff.Interesting piont.Back in the day when I worked in the parts stores I looked up the part # in the Mooge books.The 71 429 and 71-73 351 with AC and handeling package used the same spring.I have those springs under my car now.

1973_Ford-31.JPG

Latest posts

Back