Gas Tank ?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mach 1
1972 fb
Hey y'all it's been a while.Got a question for you. I went to start my Mach 1 and it would not run. So I pulled the gas tank out and it was full of Rust. The sending unit looks like it has been at the bottom of the ocean. The tank and sending unit are only about 5 years old.What would make it rust up so bad ? i don't use cheap gas. Thanks Bobby

+1

Also, a lesson I learned from my flying days, keep the fuel tank full. Air carries moisture (humidity), the more air that is in your tank the more moisture that the gas can absorb and that can condense on the inside of the tank, as well as having a larger condensation surface. Airplanes have drains at the low points on the tanks that are drained during every pre-flight inspection. You'd be surprised how much that could accumulate during a trip to high humidity locations.

+2 on what has been said. Sorry for your problems but, good to hear from you again. Chuck

Back