Glass three window

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you are going with the cookie cutter 350 Chevy, There's no resale. I know they make everything bolt right in. No welding, no fab necessary. It all bolts together. The problem is, if you are walking along a row of hot rods, you are most likely going to walk right by all the Chevy small blocks and gaze at the unique Hemi. All 3 of those motors you mentioned would make good candidates, the early Hemi being the most unique & difficult to deal with. All of those motors will fit your car with mods. I usually go with stock motor mounts and make frame mounts to fill the space. That's the easy part, it's usually just a wedged pc of rectangle stock. I tend to have to make the transmission crossmembers from scratch, using a stock mount and fabricating the x member. Then I have someone build me a driveshaft to fit. I like the Pete n Jakes car, however, feel they got lazy putting the cheap block hugger headers on it. That car would have really stood out with over the frame type headers on it. Sanderson sells kits that you have to pound the primaries into the flanges and cut to fit. I used the lake style and capped the ends with an option to redirect the exhaust under the car. I just buy multiple mandrel bend pieces off the internet.

Attachments

• 272109702_10217862147900023_8717365527712734648_n.jpg
    272109702_10217862147900023_8717365527712734648_n.jpg
    438.9 KB · Views: 0
  • securedownload.jpg
    securedownload.jpg
    120.9 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
I hear you about the headers but it can be a challenge to package a long tube design with a hood. I also hear you about how boring it to see a sbc in anything without a hood. View attachment 79016
Nice stance, i also like the wheels on all of them. Ha I should have noticed the brackets on the Pete n Jakes coupe between the grill n cowl for the hood. I take it the hood is extended 4" or more. The Hemi would require a larger teardrop attachment on the side. I guess the over the frame type headers would void some of the latching capabilities. I used the block hugger headers on one and had to redirect one of the headers. It was running the 90 degree bend right alongside the oil pan at the bottom to where there wasn't much of an airgap. Basically, it was going to heat up my oil ..lmao ye I've got to ditch those Corvette wheels on mine, they were convenient at the time.

Back