Glass three window

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not a pin artist but the top of the chassis seemed like a good place to practice some wiggly lines. They came out wiggly but I think black with shaky lines (on a frame) looks better than black with no squiggly lines,

Attachments

• pin1.jpg
    pin1.jpg
    152.4 KB · Views: 0
  • pin2.jpg
    pin2.jpg
    146.3 KB · Views: 0
  • pin3.jpg
    pin3.jpg
    230.3 KB · Views: 0
I'm not a pin artist but the top of the chassis seemed like a good place to practice some wiggly lines. They came out wiggly but I think black with shaky lines (on a frame) looks better than black with no squiggly lines,
Looks good in the photos. Nice work!

Hmmm.. never thought about adding that to the frame. 1st pic On this car I channeled the car over the frame and fabricated over the frame headers on the Hemi. The frame ends up hidden. That's a Nissan truck frame w/a 35 Plymouth Body Corvette front end and Jag v12 rearend 392 Hemi w/toploader 4sp. Now on the 34 Ford I might add something since I'm going to use a stock floor and chop it like your glass one, it will also be a Hemi car w/a 833 4sp.

Attachments

• IMG_3774.JPG
    IMG_3774.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_8913.JPG
    IMG_8913.JPG
    993 KB · Views: 0
  • 239586517_166152252259841_6440695927081611489_n.jpg
    239586517_166152252259841_6440695927081611489_n.jpg
    782.1 KB · Views: 0
With fenders and running board most of what I done will be hidden. I think a bit of the flames will show with the hood open. The reason for the lettering and flames is to put a smile on a friend's face. He owns the California Kid (and Pete and Jakes).

It's hard to beat the cool factor a 392 gives to any hot rod. More photos of your cars very are welcome on this thread.

With fenders and running board most of what I done will be hidden. I think a bit of the flames will show with the hood open. The reason for the lettering and flames is to put a smile on a friend's face. He owns the California Kid (and Pete and Jakes).

It's hard to beat the cool factor a 392 gives to any hot rod. More photos of your cars very are welcome on this thread.
So, they moved the whole business out of that taxation hell, good for them. The 392 may be the big seller, however, the 354 Hemi is the ideal street motor for the street. I just drove my 354 this week in a 50 convertible, very reliable and high nickel motors. I've worked with these old Hemis for years and am impressed with their durability & quality. I also sell the parts on the side. I've got 6 of them 3 392's and 3 354's + numerous parts. Bob Walker of Hotheads (NC) and one of his buddies from Fla Don Garlits both run 354's in their street cars, only they have the $ to use Bob's aluminum heads modeled after the 1955 "555" heads off of the 331's. Lotta great parts for sale at Pete n Jakes, I'll prob. be contacting them for the tubular K member for the 34 frame. I also love the old school look of the superbell dropped front end, however, will probably go with the Corvette c4 or c5 front on this also to be different. I think they now make a aluminum one, not sure I'm sold on aluminum for such a load bearing item.

Last edited:
I've seen the aluminum axle at their shop. I'm not sure it's something they offer to the public. For a long time they sold a high quality cast axle and now offer cast and forged. I have a chrome cast on one car an this on gets a painted forged. If you give me a part number can ask about the tubular member, I talk to Jerry and Jason regularly.

They built a nice Hemi "33 aboutDSCN7492.JPGDSCN7494.JPG ten years ago. It's always a thrill to hear it run. I've got a 392 of unknown condition. I need to tear into it one of these days.

I've seen the aluminum axle at their shop. I'm not sure it's something they offer to the public. For a long time they sold a high quality cast axle and now offer cast and forged. I have a chrome cast on one car an this on gets a painted forged. If you give me a part number can ask about the tubular member, I talk to Jerry and Jason regularly.

They built a nice Hemi "33 aboutView attachment 78702View attachment 78703 ten years ago. It's always a thrill to hear it run. I've got a 392 of unknown condition. I need to tear into it one of these days.
Ye this is the route I'm going with the 34 slightly chopped maybe sneak in 1" of channel on the floor. Since it's all separated. I'll have just over 1" on the front/coming close to the stock valve covers. Those covers they are using are like jewelry. They are proud of them. I still like the originals with painted lettering. That's just me being cheap. Ye that's the way to run a 392 forced induction. If you still have a 392, there's no reason to try to turn it over. The rockers alone freeze up the motors. You can't kill those heads in the early Chryslers. The Elephant motors are usually cracked JUNK. however, these old Chryslers were hard to kill. You had to do something stupid to them. Your block, crank n rods are your parts you need to scavenge. I'll be using 331 heads on my 392. The 392 heads are the least valuable in the early Hemi mkt, so if you have any problems they are cheap. My total rebuild on my last 354 & 392 were both much cheaper than building my 351 Cleveland. The problem with the Hemis is you have to be a welder/fabricator to use one.

When I started the roadster project the plan was to keep it simple and reliable. I knew I'd want to put a lot of miles on it so an "interesting" engine was not part of the plan. But with the coupe in the stable the roadster's power could be anything that fits. I like the stubbly snout on a stock '32 so packaging is a factor (I was doing a '30 A for my wife with a 4" stretch but that project got sold). Three in-house engines include the '392, a dual quad SCJ and a 1970 Six Barrel 440. I thing they all might eat up too much foot room with a stock nose though.momentum.jpghemi.JPG

When I started the roadster project the plan was to keep it simple and reliable. I knew I'd want to put a lot of miles on it so an "interesting" engine was not part of the plan. But with the coupe in the stable the roadster's power could be anything that fits. I like the stubbly snout on a stock '32 so packaging is a factor (I was doing a '30 A for my wife with a 4" stretch but that project got sold). Three in-house engines include the '392, a dual quad SCJ and a 1970 Six Barrel 440. I thing they all might eat up too much foot room with a stock nose though.View attachment 78914View attachment 78915

Back