Goals for the car???

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My goal is to clean the engine bay this winter and repaint the black on the hood. If I have enough money I want to get the AC working again. I plan on taking it on it's longest cruise every next Labor day from Western Washington to Boseman, Montana, 1,500 miles round trip for the International Mustang Show.

Overall goal is for a fun cruiser and to take it to the occasional show.

Why not, I want babies to cry when I drive by. I want chevy drivers to sweat from fear when when they hear me at idle. I want my neighbors to cuss every time I start my car before 9 am or come home after bedtime. I want total dependability in a totally over the top package and I want to be able to pass it off as nothing special to those fellows that want to race for money.

This 73 Vert was my younger brothers car, He'd had it since mid-80's. Robert passed and his 73 joined my 65 2+2.

My wife and I enjoy travling with other classic stangers, so the initial phase was to make the car throughly roadable. Fresh built 308 w/cam, AFR 185 heads, 4R7W trans, 1 1/4 swa-bar, cut springs, shocks, re-build brakes, and wheel bearings. And some comfy seats. Still can't get the A/C to work. Anywho phase 1 is done.

Now We start to make things look purdy, and everything work.

Future plans?? I'm working toward a Coyote drive train swap with beefed up chassis and front suspension. Hehheh, which ought to make this rascall a "Cruiser" all right.

I want to build the Mustang this could have been! I would like to keep the boulevard cruiser capabilities of the a/c and the automatic. I have plans to double (or more) the horsepower and increase the torque by 50%. I am going to firm the suspension up to provide more capable handling. I have added a limited slip for better traction and am now putting disc brakes on it for better stopping power. New stance, new rims, and new paint will transform this from a generic runabout to a custom cruiser ( I hope!).

My goal for my car is to make it way better than it was and be a subtle stand out from the crowd. eventually I want to put disk brakes out back and a posi and build a wicked single turbo 5.8 roller Windsor with aluminum heads and stand alone EFI engine management. and then lower it some more and widen some CVPI wheels for that sleeper look. that's my plan pretty much.

My goal is just to make it faster! since it arrived 8 months ago its got a custom scott cook intake manifold and 780 holley hooker headers just arrived and then I ll pull some big cranky cam in it.its already horrible to drive as being here in 0z im sitting on the wrong side of the car and it has no power steering and the roads here are busy as shit, but I love it and I know ive done it all backwards but its only driven on some sundays and I like nothing better than cankin up my blue bitch

Gentlemen, I am getting really close to my goals on mine. I just finished with a new 351C block bored 30 over, flat head pistons, new cam, polished, balanced, new carb, new fuel pump, new oil pan, new this new that...then add a freshly rebuild and beefed up AOD transmission then move to drivetrain for the new Detroit Locker Posi rear end and 4:30 gears. After 7 months in shop with motor /tranny out of her, now she is back on the road and went to first show last weekend 90 miles away and ran like a top!

Over the past 3 years have replaced all the interior and suspension (you all may remember) and now all that is left is some minor body work and new paint...

Yes, I am completely upside down in this car...and yes love the damn thing...:D

IMG-20130828-00032.jpg

Gentlemen, I am getting really close to my goals on mine. I just finished with a new 351C block bored 30 over, flat head pistons, new cam, polished, balanced, new carb, new fuel pump, new oil pan, new this new that...then add a freshly rebuild and beefed up AOD transmission then move to drivetrain for the new Detroit Locker Posi rear end and 4:30 gears. After 7 months in shop with motor /tranny out of her, now she is back on the road and went to first show last weekend 90 miles away and ran like a top!

Over the past 3 years have replaced all the interior and suspension (you all may remember) and now all that is left is some minor body work and new paint...

Nice job! I like the two tone idea.

Nice looking car. One caution though about the A/C in your rig with that rear gear ratio. Your compressor cannot handle hgh rpms. The highest rear ratio available from the factory for an A/C equipped car was 3.25.

Back