Gonna be down for a while

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Seriously, I hope all goes well and you recover quickly. Not so seriously, this is covered by warranty isn't it? Roy may have a point, after all he should know. Chuck

Very sorry to hear about your condition. When was the first procedure performed?

To allude to a few comments in this thread, we do use loctite, and a torque wrench in the proper sequence.

We also use set screws AKA lock washers. The "loctite" is called hydroxylapatite in this case.

The screws and plates are made of titanium. The spacer could be made of several different things.

We have a couple of products in the operating room, glue, and the manufacturer is, yep, Loctite.

mike

why does "ol frank" look like he just had sex with himself?
Guess you'de have to ask Roy! :D

Very sorry to hear about your condition. When was the first procedure performed?

To allude to a few comments in this thread, we do use loctite, and a torque wrench in the proper sequence.

We also use set screws AKA lock washers. The "loctite" is called hydroxylapatite in this case.

The screws and plates are made of titanium. The spacer could be made of several different things.

We have a couple of products in the operating room, glue, and the manufacturer is, yep, Loctite.

mike
Almost 2 years to the DAY (Warranty run out?) Started with a pinched nerve at C4 that made my arm feel like it was going to kill me all the way to my thumb and 2 fingers. What he found was that bone arthritis had built up on the inside and had pinched off the spinal coloumn. Wound up with 4 - 10mm shims in C4-C7. Now the arm nerve is back.

Mark

DSCN0414.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Almost 2 years to the DAY (Warranty run out?) Started with a pinched nerve at C4 that made my arm feel like it was going to kill me all the way to my thumb and 2 fingers. What he found was that bone arthritis had built up on the inside and had pinched off the spinal coloumn. Wound up with 4 - 10mm shims in C4-C7. Now the arm nerve is back.

Mark
It is unusual for a screw to come loose after two years.

By that time they are pretty well rusted in place.

I am perplexed by the photo. The incision is nowhere

near C4. A posterior approach is uncommon as we

usually use an anterior approach, we attack from the front.

mike

That's a pretty big incision for a small screw. What mods did you have him do while he had it opened up? Bigger cam & solid lifters?

I can relate to your issue. I have a disc buldge at the C5/C6 that causes my arm to go numb. Not worthy of surgery at this point but the doc said he would go in from the front - which sounds weird to me. I mean I don't change the oil by loosing the oil drain plug by going at it from the top of the engine.

Mark
It is unusual for a screw to come loose after two years.

By that time they are pretty well rusted in place.

I am perplexed by the photo. The incision is nowhere

near C4. A posterior approach is uncommon as we

usually use an anterior approach, we attack from the front.

mike
"You can only get about 6mm from the front. 10mm from the back."

Charles Haworth M.D.Duke Neurosurgical Assoc of Lumberton

O.K. got the "official word this morning. Tuesday Dr Haworth reads the radiology report and throws the BS flag. "Screws do not come loose ever!" wants to see the pics himself. Wednesday, Pick up films and Fedex overnight to his office. Thursday, He does surgury on Tuesday and Thursdays. This morning, calls me and says 5mm screw not only backed out but came out. It appears stuck in scar tissue and should not be affecting my arm nerve. Perhaps the discs have degenerated and need fused. We'll order a CT and get insurance authorization and get back to you! I'm thinking of throwing that BS flag myself! "Just fix it!"

Last edited by a moderator:
O.K. got the "official word this morning. Tuesday Dr Haworth reads the radiology report and throws the BS flag. "Screws do not come loose ever!" wants to see the pics himself. Wednesday, Pick up films and Fedex overnight to his office. Thursday, He does surgury on Tuesday and Thursdays. This morning, calls me and says 5mm screw not only backed out but came out. It appears stuck in scar tissue and should not be affecting my arm nerve. Perhaps the discs have degenerated and need fused. We'll order a CT and get insurance authorization and get back to you! I'm thinking of throwing that BS flag myself! "Just fix it!"
one word WOW:exclamation:

Ouch! I think your problem is they used a Metric Screw! "My God Man this is America we dont do METRIC!"

Sure hope they finally come to a conclusion of what the problem is, get you up on the rack, repaired and back on the road again!

Thanks folks you're all a big help during this! Neeless to say I'm going bonkers trying to do everything left handed. Am getting some small parts cleaned and painted though for down the road. Got to stay busy!

Back