Gonna be down for a while

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wishing you the VERY best to include a good diagnosis and a quick recovery, Mark.

I trust Mel is providing you even more assistance than usual.

BT

Thanks folks you're all a big help during this! Neeless to say I'm going bonkers trying to do everything left handed. Am getting some small parts cleaned and painted though for down the road. Got to stay busy!
Wishing you well MaRk.... but your convalescence is the BEST recovery.

Almost 2 years to the DAY (Warranty run out?) Started with a pinched nerve at C4 that made my arm feel like it was going to kill me all the way to my thumb and 2 fingers. What he found was that bone arthritis had built up on the inside and had pinched off the spinal coloumn. Wound up with 4 - 10mm shims in C4-C7. Now the arm nerve is back.

Mark
It is unusual for a screw to come loose after two years.

By that time they are pretty well rusted in place.

I am perplexed by the photo. The incision is nowhere

near C4. A posterior approach is uncommon as we

usually use an anterior approach, we attack from the front.

mike
After the mylogram Thursday I met with doctor Hayworth. He says the screw came completely out and showed me where it's now on the opposite side of the bone and says it's in muscle and scar tissue and not worth concerning over.

He found 2 bone spurs that "may" be causing the problem but it's not a definite. Wants a nerve conduction done to find out exactly where the nerve is pinched. Says it may be in a nerve cluster in my shoulder. Sheesh!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Almost 2 years to the DAY (Warranty run out?) Started with a pinched nerve at C4 that made my arm feel like it was going to kill me all the way to my thumb and 2 fingers. What he found was that bone arthritis had built up on the inside and had pinched off the spinal coloumn. Wound up with 4 - 10mm shims in C4-C7. Now the arm nerve is back.

Mark
It is unusual for a screw to come loose after two years.

By that time they are pretty well rusted in place.

I am perplexed by the photo. The incision is nowhere

near C4. A posterior approach is uncommon as we

usually use an anterior approach, we attack from the front.

mike
After the mylogram Thursday I met with doctor Hayworth. He says the screw came completely out and showed me where it's now on the opposite side of the bone and says it's in muscle and scar tissue and not worth concerning over.

He found 2 bone spurs that "may" be causing the problem but it's not a definite. Wants a nerve conduction done to find out exactly where the nerve is pinched. Says it may be in a nerve cluster in my shoulder. Sheesh!!
Hang in there Mark. They'll get it figured out. Best Wishes, Chuck

Well here we go again! First I see Dr Calhoun (orthopedic)last Monday about the left shoulder and he says the arthritis has cut my rotator cuff. :s Will line up surgury after the 1'st to repair tear and scrape out the calcium. See the Neurologist in Wimington yesterday (mine moved) about the right hand that never healed and we do another nerve conduction test and it came back worse than the one in June. Says for hand he refers to.....You got it Dr Calhoun! Ever hit your funny bone. Well that's what it's been continuosly for over 6 months. Naturally I here "I've heard of them not completely healing but never getting worse" :mad: Sheeeeesh. Think I'll go out to the garage to see if I have something that will do the job myself. :p

Sorry to hear about that Mark. Here's wishing a speedy recovery to you.

Bring them a tube of Loc-tite this time.

Told my kids about it last night. I guess the door has swung the other way by the way they were tearing my butt up. (you need to slow down Dad, you need to take it easy Dad, Your not Young anymore Dad) :mad: Guess kids just don't understand OA. The more you sit the worse it gets. Me, I'm going to go full bore as long as I can. Besides, Got a Mach 1 to build! :)

Good luck but I would recommend posting from the hospital bed for a speedy recovery!!! I use to lay there in the bed wishing they would let me do what I wanted to instead of waking me up while I was sleeping to give me pills to make me sleep. No contact with the outside world ..... OH...didnt mean to depress you!!!

LOL...serious take care and we will pray for you.

Told my kids about it last night. I guess the door has swung the other way by the way they were tearing my butt up. (you need to slow down Dad, you need to take it easy Dad, Your not Young anymore Dad) :mad: Guess kids just don't understand OA. The more you sit the worse it gets. Me, I'm going to go full bore as long as I can. Besides, Got a Mach 1 to build! :)
Same thing I told you not to long ago hmmmmmmmmmmmm

I'm just not the sit still and take my meds type. Hell I've been cleaning up trees all weekend because my therory is he'll fix whatever he finds broken. :p God it's true! Percoset makes you stupid. :D

Saw the Doc Friday for a good news bad news meeting.

Good News is after opening around the nerve 4 inches in my right hand he finally (7 months of funny bone pain) got that nerve calmed down. Said I can finish the trees and get back on the wrenches in 1 more week. :D

Bad News. MRI shows I need: AC Joint rebuild, repair torn rotator cuff, reattatch about 2/3 of my biceep left shoulder and grind out that arthritis on 2/13. Says I can figure on 4-6 months heal up time. :mad: Anybody have some 71-73 mechanic parts laying around? :p

Dang, Man! It almost sounds like YOU should be in the running for Restoration COTM or something. :cool:

Hope you can get sorted out in short order with minimal pain and downtime.

Saw the Doc Friday for a good news bad news meeting.

Good News is after opening around the nerve 4 inches in my right hand he finally (7 months of funny bone pain) got that nerve calmed down. Said I can finish the trees and get back on the wrenches in 1 more week. :D

Bad News. MRI shows I need: AC Joint rebuild, repair torn rotator cuff, reattatch about 2/3 of my biceep left shoulder and grind out that arthritis on 2/13. Says I can figure on 4-6 months heal up time. :mad: Anybody have some 71-73 mechanic parts laying around? :p
Wow! Take it easy Mark, the car will still be there when you are all healed up.

Back