Grabber Green 71 mach 1 restomod

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My company is a dealer for Flaming river.

If enough people want to order parts we can offer a decent discount, up to 20% based on orders over $5000.00.

What we call a "power buy".

Made a bit of progress this weekend. Got the front and rear valance straightened along with the spoiler and finally got around to seam sealing all the joints from the doorjamb back. Today i taped up and reprimed the back half for the final time. This week ill begin the prep work on the engine bay.
2mhe688.jpg
4r875j.jpg
j6lydu.jpg

Everything is looking good! Wish mine was going that good. I was hoping to have mine in primer by the end of this week but its not looking like it. Keep up the good work. You'll be painting before you know it.

FINALLY got the engine bay in primer this weekend. Dang what a job, I shaved a few holes in the bay and mounted some studs on the backside of the aprons for things like the horns, Starter solenoid, etc. Ill be tucking the harness and relocating the battery to the trunk.
30ur9df.jpg
2nsrqfq.jpg
dg4121.jpg

Looking good. Do you have any pictures of how you are mounting the starter solenoid, relocating the battery and tucking the harness? I'm wanting to do the same thing just haven't figured out how to do it yet. Are you using the stock harness? If so, are you going to have to extend the length of it?

Actually the way im routing everything I doubt ill have to lengthen much of it at all.ill try to get some pics of it here soon

Actually the way im routing everything I doubt ill have to lengthen much of it at all.ill try to get some pics of it here soon
Thanks, I would appreciate that. It sounds like your doing a lot of the mods that I would like to do.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ive had this plan for how is was going to tuck the harness a couple weeks ago and was finally able to make it happen this afternoon.ill do a step by step for anyone wanting to do this.its not completely finished by any means as I might relocate the voltage regulator depending on turning radius.im open to any input on improvements. First off I started with a holesaw kit and went ahead and hooked the firewall grommet up made a 2inch hole slightly above it.
346lus9.jpg
111pcfn.jpg
a few months back I welded 4studs under the driver side apron for whatever I might need to mount and it looks like its going to work out perfect for the horns
30hmxrn.jpg
next I drilled a 1.75 inch hole through the apron right behind where it meets the radiator support
332njgl.jpg
then I took a diegrinder and trimmed the two openings under the radiator support to fit the light sockets through
14dfzsx.jpg
v32fdw.jpg
next I cut a 1.25 inch hole through the passenger apron where it meets the rad support
2iar8er.jpg
I had also welded 2 studs on the passenger side for the starter solenoid final product once everything is tied up
2e3cs4l.jpg
all you'll really see is the wiper motor plug and a few wires running to the block
dz9to6.jpg

Your idea looks to be the right one. Very nice and clean.

That looks great. That is basically the same idea I would like to do. This will make it alot easier for me. Thanks for the step by step pictures.

^no problem. Thanks guys. Its a pretty straightforward project, I really don't think ill have to lengthen more than 1 or 2 wires maybe not any.its def gonna look 100% better than the huge harness running directly over the driver side shock tower

Looking good with the harness, my dad and I are doing it similar in our cars.. The only diffence is that the harness that goes thru the firewall, we are routing that outside like the rest of the harness, so you can't see anything in the engine bay.. You are making great progress, your car looks so clean!

^that's a great idea! Only thing I might would check on is cutting out the carpet or firewall pad where your bring it through and making sure you have enough harness to meet the dash harness.I would not want to extend every wire to the main harness plug.

Thanks.. Yes of course, that could be an issue, but I think I am making a new harness or buying a new universal harness for it. The reason is that the old harness does'nt look good any more and I just want to upgrade it to a better one with all the extra electronic accessories that I'm adding to it :)

Ive had this plan for how is was going to tuck the harness a couple weeks ago and was finally able to make it happen this afternoon.ill do a step by step for anyone wanting to do this.its not completely finished by any means as I might relocate the voltage regulator depending on turning radius.im open to any input on improvements. First off I started with a holesaw kit and went ahead and hooked the firewall grommet up made a 2inch hole slightly above it.
346lus9.jpg
111pcfn.jpg
a few months back I welded 4studs under the driver side apron for whatever I might need to mount and it looks like its going to work out perfect for the horns
30hmxrn.jpg
next I drilled a 1.75 inch hole through the apron right behind where it meets the radiator support
332njgl.jpg
then I took a diegrinder and trimmed the two openings under the radiator support to fit the light sockets through
14dfzsx.jpg
v32fdw.jpg
next I cut a 1.25 inch hole through the passenger apron where it meets the rad support
2iar8er.jpg
I had also welded 2 studs on the passenger side for the starter solenoid final product once everything is tied up
2e3cs4l.jpg
all you'll really see is the wiper motor plug and a few wires running to the block
dz9to6.jpg

This will look great, I did this on my 73, but instead of using the stock voltage regulator and starter solenoid I went to a high output single wire alternator and a newer high torque starter with the solenoid on it. That cleaned up the passenger side of the engine compartment nicely. I also put in a fused power distribution block under battery tray to power the electric fans.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back