Grabber Green 71 mach 1 restomod

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was just curious, what kind of materials are you using for bodywork, filler and primers?

I use all klingspor sandpaper and klingspor premium filler mixed with a glaze to thin it out when I spread something all over.Transtar Euro Primer and the car will have either Limco or Diamont base/clear.

Made some solid progress this week. First I prepped a bunch of small parts and the driveshaft and painted them Friday night. Today I finished up fitting the rear valance to the quarter extensions I had to replace, taped up and primed the car from the firewall back.
2efupuf.jpg
30u3d36.jpg
24b906e.jpg
25klr0l.jpg
10fpb9k.jpg
sn28uh.jpg
30rwm52.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Your moving right along, I wish I worked as quick as you. It seems like it takes me forever to accomplish something. Do you do bodywork for a living? I see you have access to a spray booth, or is that in your garage?

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes I do mainly restoration work at the shop im at. The photo in the booth was taken there. I do all the priming at home but ill paint it at the shop

Thanks guys. Won't be a whole lot to look at on the body in the next few weeks since ill just be blocking and repriming it.soon as I get the driveshaft back together this week im starting on restoring the steering column and will post up some pics of it

Love it. Great job on the masking! Many people do not take the time to do this but when you mask to the floor as shown above you prevent a lot of dust from coming off the floor.

Great job... enjoying watching this build.

Phil

Wouldn't mind being at that stage myself. Looks really great.

Been messing with the steering column this week and got it completed other than the wheel itself which im still waiting on. The tilt wheel was not functioning but I finally figured it out and got it working correctly. Some before and after pics.
i1z14x.jpg
505vsy.jpg
2gt520g.jpg
2drro6w.jpg

Looking good. I take it your installing an aftermarket steering wheel? If so what brand and style?

Flaming river column and steering wheel.

Dont remember the style its black leather wrapped.

You measure the length of the shaft any by it by the length. Going by memory I believe it was 32" long.

Depending on what you get, tilt, telescope, power, cruise, etc, they build it to order.

TAW is distributor of theirs BTW. ;)

Philt where are u getting that this is a flaming river column, adaptor and wheel? This is a Scott drake hub and wheel I ordered from cj pony parts

Back