Grabber Lime Restoration - Front Suspension

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
just a heads up I had that exact same idle arm fail on me Saturday, fortunately it was at very low speed. The bushing pulled apart into two pieces at the steering linkage.

Thank you for the info on the washers. I did not know that. In the spirit of sharing I noticed your Upper Control Arms showed the dipping on the back half. Concourse would have been bare steel uppers and dipped lowers. I documented this on several survivor cars as well as at Bob Perkins shop in Wisconsin, Only meant to share not critique.

Thank you for the info on the washers. I did not know that.  In the spirit of sharing I noticed your Upper Control Arms showed the dipping on the back half.  Concourse would have been bare steel uppers and dipped lowers.  I documented this on several survivor cars as well as at Bob Perkins shop in Wisconsin,  Only meant to share not critique.
Thanks for the catch.  When I got those from the vendor, I re-sanded them to remove the scratches and chips, then resprayed them as they were painted.  I should have looked more closely at my other cars.   Good thing I am just driving this one!!!

just a heads up I had that exact same idle arm fail on me Saturday, fortunately it was at very low speed. The bushing pulled apart into two pieces at the steering linkage.
Thanks for sharing.  That is a new one, hope that doesn't fail!!

Thank you for the info on the washers. I did not know that.  In the spirit of sharing I noticed your Upper Control Arms showed the dipping on the back half.  Concourse would have been bare steel uppers and dipped lowers.  I documented this on several survivor cars as well as at Bob Perkins shop in Wisconsin,  Only meant to share not critique.
In my experience, I highly doubt that too many MCA judges will penalize this unless of course, you are doing thoroughbred...

Back