Guess my dyno numbers (RESULTS ARE IN)

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That should give you a static compression ratio of about 10.3 to 1 and a dynamic C.R. In the 7.8 to 1 to 8.2 to 1 range, depending on the cam specs. Should run great.

That should give you a static compression ratio of about 10.3 to 1 and a dynamic C.R. In the 7.8 to 1 to 8.2 to 1 range, depending on the cam specs. Should run great.
Still hold to you original numbers? Also I noticed my oil pressure is pretty high I feel but I'm not sure if it's because it still has to break in? The pump is a m84ahv oil pump. I'm seeing about 75 cold at idle. Doesn't seem to go down much warm. Haven't driven it enough to pay attention to cruising. 

73 mach1lots of room for speculation here, for me its all about whos dyno, who is operating the dyno and how much loss from engine to tires.                                                                                                 

I have a similar 408 with very similar camshaft but closed chambers and 10.6 static and 8.1 dynamic.

on software 1 am anywhere from 500 to 520 hp. at the crank, its all in the translation.

where did you have emi/rfi on your sniper?, I have installed a few of these units on gm cars and have not encountered any of this as of yet, i did install the secret emi tape and redundant grounds before installs and thats what I am crediting my sucess to.

73 mach1lots of room for speculation here, for me its all about whos dyno, who is operating the dyno and how much loss from engine to tires.                                                                                                 

I have a similar 408 with very similar camshaft but closed chambers and 10.6 static and 8.1 dynamic.

on software 1 am anywhere from 500 to 520 hp. at the crank, its all in the translation.

where did you have emi/rfi on your sniper?, I have installed a few of these units on gm cars and have not encountered any of this as of yet, i did install the secret emi tape and redundant grounds before installs and thats what I am crediting my sucess to.
GM probably have more success due to the fact that the dizzy is in the rear opposite the ecu. I believe it was coming off the dizzy and my metal air cleaner and stud were acting like an antenna. I also rerouted my Sniper power wires opposite side of my sensor wires. I took the orange and black coil wires and twisted them and cut off about 2ft of non needed wire. Some of my grounds are redundant but they are clean and out of sight so it's more preventative. 

My prediction is that there's more power than the dyno can handle; thus the dyno will break long before you're able to get a good reading of HP and torque.  *G*

Yep, the numbers the thing puts out are very dependent on the type of dyno it is and the person running it.  The numbers can be affected by the operator and their technique, whether on purpose or on accident.  

Here's one example of a bone stock car, taken to a handful of different shops and getting a 10% fluctuation in HP numbers.  Still a fun guessing game to play.  
hrdp_0405_16_z-chassis_dyno_guide-.jpg

Yep, the numbers the thing puts out are very dependent on the type of dyno it is and the person running it.  The numbers can be affected by the operator and their technique, whether on purpose or on accident.  

Here's one example of a bone stock car, taken to a handful of different shops and getting a 10% fluctuation in HP numbers.  Still a fun guessing game to play.  
Not 100% sure on the type of dyno being used at this time. Guy was suggested from someone I trust. Should be interesting. 

Is this like the jellybean game or the price is right showcase?  Whoever guesses closest without going over wins the car?

Well... well... so I'm not trying to be cryptic here but my guy only had one number to give me. He has the car and I'm waiting for the torque numbers. Apparently my buddy only cared about the RWHP. I can only guess she made more in torque? Anyway...she made 417RWHP! To say I'm happy is an understatement. Stock 4v open irons did pretty damn good on this motor. Soon as I get Tq numbers I'll report back.

Official numbers are 418rwhp and 437rwtq. Very happy with that. I'll post the sheet as soon as I get it.
That’s really great man!  Congratulations; you must be pretty pumped!

Bah!  Your mechanic is lying to you, as your car broke his dyno and he doesn't want to admit it.  That means I win!  *G*

Good numbers, but what are the revs for each?

Back