Happy Mardi Gras!

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks, 71_badmach -

Cool memories! I used to live outside Houston from '87 - '89, and made it to the '89 Mardi Gras, and it was a BLAST! Something that everyone should try to experience at least once.

Doc

I'd like to be on Bourbon Street with a hand full of beads for Mardi Gras someday! LOL :cool:

Doc, you've made the rounds! I was in Houston from 97-03, grew up in Louisiana and still haven't made New Orleans Mardi Gras! But it is a blast in most every little town in Louisiana...

One day I'd like to do Carnival in Rio

Doc, you've made the rounds! I was in Houston from 97-03, grew up in Louisiana and still haven't made New Orleans Mardi Gras! But it is a blast in most every little town in Louisiana...

One day I'd like to do Carnival in Rio
I guess I have made the Rounds, as I look back on all that I've done. Well, I've lived my life like this: I never want to find myself lying on my deathbed saying to myself "Man, I just wish I would have ..... (fill in the blank) before I died". It was like a generic "Bucket List" long before the movie came out. There are a couple of stupid things that I would not re-do, given the chance, but 98% of all that I've done has helped to fill these 50 years with a lot of great memories.

So, when I say that I actually did go to Carnival when I lived in Brazil (although it was in Manaus and not Rio) I'm not trying to boast or BS. I just have had many opportunities in my life to do things, and rarely said, "No, I'll pass." BTW, Carnival made Mardi Gras look quite tame in comparison. :)

Doc

Back