• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to 7173 Mustangs.com and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Headlight realy and buzzer wanted

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

waterlife

Reaction score
My Car
1972 Mustang Convertible
Let me know if you have this, the plastic relay is the buzzer, lower metal relay is the HL relay. Text 347-770-4983 or PM

20170609_203033_zpskhjjrxgf.jpg

The headlights on warning buzzer was not a stand alone option, but was part of the "Convenience Group" option for all 71-73 Mustangs and Cougars.  It included trunk, glove compartment, map, under hood, under instrument panel (standard on verts), and park brake warning lamps. It also included the lights on warning buzzer, automatic seat back release (not available before 1/71), and glove box lock. Lot of nice options.

The headlights on relay is D1AZ-10C838-A (ID# D1AB-10C838-AA). The buzzer was a multi use item for the key, lights and belts warning. The buzzer went through several replacements so I'll list just a few and the engineering numbers to help you.

DOAZ-13150-D (ID# DOAB-13150-D or G)

DOAZ-13150-E (ID# DOAB-13150-B,E, or F)

D2AZ-13150-C (ID# D2AB-13150-A1A,A2A)

*D2AZ-13150-D (ID# D2AB-13150-BA)

*D4AZ-13150-B (ID# D4AB-13150-A1A, D5AB-AA, D5ZB-AA)

*The last two were the best since they had a radio suppression diode to correct a noise problem.

You can search by Ford part number on E-Bay, or contact Don @ Ohio Mustang Supply, Mike @ Motor City Mustang, or Midlife and see what they have. Good luck with your project.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've got a half-dozen 13150 relays, about half have the top tab broken off but the others are OK.  I have 3 10C859's. 

Make me an offer; $3 for the ride within the US>

I believe with the convenience group installed (all those nice options) there were two buzzers installed. One for the key operated warnings (headlight on, key in ignition with door open,etc) and one for the seat belt warning. The two relay/buzzers look slightly different. Steve and Midlife have already provided more specifics.

What Waterlife is looking for is 13150-G, a four pin plug. I found one in a Cougar harness, and will be sending it in to him.

Midlife once again to the rescue. We are fortunate to have some great forum members/vendors here. Midlife and Don (OMS) were able to help me when I was looking for some 10C838 relays. They help support this site so we need to make sure we return the favor!!

A bottle of rye whiskey and a partially clad young woman would be an excellent return of a favor...Just saying...

Back