Heater Box Resistors

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darren 72

Reaction score
My Car
1972 Mach 1
I tested my heater blower and it runs on high when I directly feed 12V to the lead wire. When I run 12V's to the medium or low wire nothing happens. I'm guessing that the resistors are shot. I did a search and of course it appears that they aren't reproducing these. Any ideas where I can get a replacement or fix the ones I have?

Thanks,

D. Rolls

Do you need one for A/C or non A/C car.

I have a stack of heater boxes or these should be some there.

Don

Did you check the contacts on the swich??... Mine didn´t work in one of the speeds as well and after i clean the contacts and do some logical work to make every step of the swich did the propper contact, everything worked well

Did you check the contacts on the swich??... Mine didn´t work in one of the speeds as well and after i clean the contacts and do some logical work to make every step of the swich did the propper contact, everything worked well
I went directly to the blower bypassing the switch. I'm pretty sure the resistors are shot.

the resistor is either good or bad, if the wires (springs) are not melted in two it will work. High speed on the fan switch basically by-passes the resistors.

Last edited by a moderator:
the resistor is either good or bad, if the wires (springs) are not melted in two it will work. High speed on the fan switch basically by-passes the resistors.
If the first resistor in line is shot then the medium should work. Am I thinking to logically again..lol. I have no medium or low so that's what I expect to see when I pull it out.

Can you solder back together or not? Don from Ohio Mustang was going to check out some of his spare heater boxes and possibly sell me one. I hope he locates one. Sure would like to get it straight before the heater box and other items get reinstalled. Thanks for your help

If the first resistor in line is shot then the medium should work. Am I thinking to logically again..lol. I have no medium or low so that's what I expect to see when I pull it out.

Can you solder back together or not? Don from Ohio Mustang was going to check out some of his spare heater boxes and possibly sell me one. I hope he locates one. Sure would like to get it straight before the heater box and other items get reinstalled. Thanks for your help
Don from Ohio Mustang needs to know if it's for an AC or non AC car.

A picture will help also.

John

I haven't forgot about you.

Erin [ my wife ] was in the hospital for several days, just came home Sunday night.

Had to get caught up on shipping, receiving, emails.

Will be working on the used items list for people today

Don

Back