Help with dash wiring

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doug The Dog

I'm back!
Reaction score
My Car
1973 Convertible, 351CJ, 5 Speed. Currently being restored. Projected finish date is some day.....
I'm installing the dash wiring and came across two plugs that have me stumped. Does this look familiar to anyone?

wire.JPG

Emergency averted! The green plug goes to the speed sensor on the speedometer cable, and the brown plug goes to the engine bay harness by the fuse box. I really wish digital cameras were around 20 years ago!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi,

-Green plug only use when you have cruise control(speed sensor)

-Brown plug out the dash wiring harness on the green big connection(fuse box) goes to the red box behind the the glove box

See photo's

Maybe you can tell me what the little black/yellow stripes wire is using for on photo 4, maybe connection with the wiring on photo 6(wiring comes from engine bay photo 7(i think rear window defrost wiring, but I'm not sure)

Eddy

ere for the

I'm installing the dash wiring and came across two plugs that have me stumped. Does this look familiar to anyone?

Emergency averted! The green plug goes to the speed sensor on the speedometer cable, and the brown plug goes to the engine bay harness by the fuse box. I really wish digital cameras were around 20 years ago!

Last edited by a moderator:
Black/yellow male bullet plugs into the yellow three-prong accessory plug coming out of the fuse box buss bar.

Back