Hi everybody dealer code Marti report

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for all your reply’s surprised at how many European owners are out there and to answer Steve I’m in Sheffield South Yorkshire northern England

As I have different order dealer code to that of the dealer that actually sold the vehicle would that mean my car was probably moved from one dealer to another??

Hello Timecruiser.

Looking through the Marti Mustang and Cougar Tagbook, the 1972 DSO chart shows 13 (for Mustang) as New York. Get's you loser.

Back in those days, we had a lot of US servicemen in the UK. I know for a fact that they bought in lots of US made cars. Where I lived near Cambridge, there were several US air bases. It was almost comical to see US cars trying to navigate our much smaller roads! So there is a good chance your car was bought in by a serviceman (or woman) and survived up to now. If this was an "Export" car the DSO would be 90-99.

If your car has the original floor pans and carpet, there's another 'gem' you may be able to find and that is the build sheet(s). They will be found usually behind the driver seat under the carpet underlay. You will need to remove the rear seat, press down hard on the front edge and push it back to release the clips.

Here's a pic of what I found in mine. I also found a third one under the driver's seat, 3 in all.

This document will list what your car was ordered with as it went down the line. On your VIN, does it read 2f (Dearborn) or 2t (Metuchen) That tells you which plant the car was built.

Geoff.

Hi

That’s a useful find , but no such luck for me my car has had an eventful life and carpets have been replaced a least once . From what I have learnt up to now is . My car was ordered by dealer 13C090 in January 1972 and built at Dearborn and released by February , it was eventually sold in June by dealer 13A036 Wilford auto sales of New York . Then in September 1973 it turns up here in England where it’s had quite a few owners until in about 1983 it was involved in an accident resulting a replaced right hand rear quarter panel and the colour was then changed from original bright blue to red and also interior was changed to red velour. I came across it in a very sorry rusty state in the Summer of 1990 . I was twenty years old at the time and having been a Mustang enthusiast since birth I just had to take the project on. I was no stranger to classic car renovation and five years later I’d completed it and sticking to red with red interior I had a great time with it until settling down and buying a house and then kids came along I no longer had time or the money priorities were new kitten s and bathrooms instead of building a garage for the Mustang and then the British weather took its toll and once again it was a rusting wreck. Now having a nice roomy garage it’s time to tackle the brave restoration once again. Even though it has history it’s still got the original engine trans and axle all checking out as Marti report shows. I will try and upload photos soon

Hi

That’s a useful find , but no such luck for me my car has had an eventful life and carpets have been replaced a least once . From what I have learnt up to now is . My car was ordered by dealer 13C090 in January 1972 and built at Dearborn and released by February , it was eventually sold in June by dealer 13A036 Wilford auto sales of New York . Then in September 1973 it turns up here in England where it’s had quite a few owners until in about 1983 it was involved in an accident resulting a replaced right hand rear quarter panel and the colour was then changed from original bright blue to red and also interior was changed to red velour. I came across it in a very sorry rusty state in the Summer of 1990 . I was twenty  years old at the time  and having been a Mustang enthusiast since birth I just had to take the project on. I was no stranger to classic car renovation and five years later I’d completed it and sticking to red with red interior I had a great time with it  until settling down and buying a house and then kids came along I no longer had time or the money priorities were new kitten s and bathrooms instead of building a garage for the Mustang and then the British weather took its toll and once again it was a rusting wreck. Now having a nice roomy garage it’s time to tackle the brave restoration once again. Even though it has history it’s still got the original engine trans and axle all checking out as Marti report shows. I will try and upload photos soon
Wow! quite a story and we love stories...… and pictures. Time to strip her down to the bones and bring her back to former glory.

Velour interior?? are you joking! Oh well easy to change, it's all available.

The great guys on the forum can help with anything and everything you need to know, just ask. No such thing as a dumb question, but you might get some dumb answers! No just kidding, you'll get all you need here except CASH!!!

Geoff.

Hello and Welcome from Germany

Back