Holley Dual Feed Line

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mach 1, Grabber Blue w/Argent stripes. Original 2V 351C Auto, Tilt, rear defog, Black Comfortweave Interior. Under restoration. Original colors, 4V 351C, 4-Speed, Spoilers, Magnums, Ram Air. All Ford parts.
So sick of the details!!

I tried plumbing up my carb with one of the dual feed lines, and the spacing is off.  I tried to make it work, but it is leaking like crazy as my float bowl centers are farther apart than the line is build for.

So I tried to take what I thought was an accurate measurement and came up with a 9.5 inch spacing center to center.  Does that sound correct?

So tired of trying to figure this out!!!

kcmash

It's an 88670

kcmash

You said 88670, did you mean 80670? I could not find that number on Summit or did I just miss it. You have pretty blue metering blocks, are they different?

Here's a pic of my 80670. You may have got the wrong tube I think. If it's not a Holley tube, that may be the problem. If not you must use two wrenches together. They will leak if not completely tight. Problem is Holley did not allow much space to get the 1" (I think) wrench on the filter nut. I had the same problem and damn near caught the engine on fire.

If I got you wrong on this, please ignore it!

Geoff.

EDIT: I do have an aftermarket tube. It measures 9 5/16" centers, but this one can easily be bent to adjust it, so that number may not be totally correct. I didn't use it because my engine tuner guy told me he has had several break where soldered. That would not be good. I can take a pic if you want.

And here is the custom 3/8" fuel feed line. I won't use rubber if I can avoid it to connect the carb.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry I was out in the sun earlier and mis read the listing numbet.

I already have a 9 5/16 line like you stated that is giving me all the headache.

I was unsure how well the adjustable would seal, but they seem to get positive reviews from you guys.

kcmash

I have the 770 Holley and I think I got the solid fuel line from them.

Identical to the one pictured by Stanglover. The lower right picture at

the top is where you attach a fuel pressure gauge.

mike

At this time, I can't see nor upload pictures.

I'm not quite sure what you're meaning. You likely have the factory 5/16" feed line from pump to carb. I changed to 3/8"

The spare connector tube between the two bowls, measure 9 5/16" and that may not be totally accurate as you said your was 9.5" center to center.

If it leaks I'm thinking it's because the flare is not seated correctly or really tight. I know mine leaked, gas will go through just about any minute gap and yes, it's hard to get a good fit on the filter nut, but I just worked carefully on it till it stopped. Another reason it might leak is a scratch on the seat itself, it doesn't take much!

Anyway good luck stopping the leak, fuel on hot engines ain't a good thing!

Geoff.

Edit: added picture of old fuel connector, showing possible weak point in solder joint. Red arrows This type was not recommended.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back