hose on rear end

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jtassin

Reaction score
My Car
1972 ford mustang Mach 1
What is the hose on the rear end? I assume it is some type of vent hose. I haven't be able to find any clear pictures or instructions on what to do with it. I think there is a bracket on the under body to use, but where is it suppose to go after?

Thanks,

Jimmy T.

The vent lets off pressure that builds up in the rear end when it gets warm. If the vent does not work then the seals and gaskets will start leaking because of the pressure.

I think its the same as earlier models, there is a nipple that screws into the hole in the axle and a rubber hose slips on it and feeds up into the trunk through a hole just above the axle. The hole has a rubber grommet and there is a band clamp to hold the hose to the under floor. The hose just breathes into the trunk as fluid shouldn't be pushed that far up the hose with normal driving.

Last edited by a moderator:
The vent lets off pressure that builds up in the rear end when it gets warm. If the vent does not work then the seals and gaskets will start leaking because of the pressure.

I think its the same as earlier models, there is a nipple that screws into the hole in the axle and a rubber hose slips on it and feeds up into the trunk through a hole just above the axle. The hole has a rubber grommet and there is a band clamp to hold the hose to the under floor. The hose just breathes into the trunk as fluid shouldn't be pushed that far up the hose with normal driving.
I think mine leads into the frame rail and vents there. Not sure if mine is correct or not but if you would like a pic T-K, let me know.

I think mine leads into the frame rail and vents there. Not sure if mine is correct or not but if you would like a pic T-K, let me know.

I would please

Back