How do you polish windshield trim on convertible?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RIBS

Reaction score
My Car
1971 Sprint Tribute 302 C4 Convertible
I think it’s stainless steel?
how do you polish and clean it? Super fine steel work? Something else?
thanks,

I think it’s stainless steel?
how do you polish and clean it? Super fine steel work? Something else?
thanks,
I’m not sure what level of shine you’re looking for but Windex, microfiber towel, and elbow grease keeps mine a shiny daily driver..

The windshield trim on the verts is stainless steel. What level of shine are you looking for?
It’s been beat for 50 years, want a nice shine, not factory new concours but nice

Attachments

• 8B2D5284-D252-468C-A4B1-2AD6370C1375.jpeg
    8B2D5284-D252-468C-A4B1-2AD6370C1375.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
I use a buffing wheel and the appropriate "rouge". You must proceed with caution and care so you don't damage the piece or yourself. Some videos are on youtube. Chuck

Yes, some polishing rouge will do the trick. I highly recommend you mount the trim to a piece of scrap lumber, and screw that to something solid. Last thing you want is to catch an edge on the trim and have it go flying, or injure you.

Last edited:
To add to Chuck’s comment—he cautions against damaging the part or ‘yourself’. That last bit is pretty important as you can get hurt if not careful buffing with a wheel and rouge. that method yields a great result, but be careful in handling the part so the wheel doesn’t grab the part. If the wheel does grab the part, it may be best to let it go. The part can be replaced, fingers not so much. Wear some good gloves, take your time, and be careful.

Back