How important is the convertible torque plate?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does anyone know where I can find the factory fasteners for the torque plate? Mine only has four and one is loose. I can't figure out how to take the loose one out. It seems to have a round nut with one flat. And... I could not find it in the Ford manual. Any help would be appreciated. image.jpg

Does anyone know where I can find the factory fasteners for the torque plate? Mine only has four and one is loose. I can't figure out how to take the loose one out. It seems to have a round nut with one flat. And... I could not find it in the Ford manual. Any help would be appreciated.
So you are looking for the bolt or what the bolt goes into? I never looked at what the capturing device is.

I believe I will need both. One bolt and nut is loose and two are missing. Are the "nuts" supposed to be welded in? Thanks for any info.

I don't know. Mine just bolts into place. I haven't looked to see if it is a captured nut, a threaded piece or whatever.

I don't have the convertible at home so I can't check. I think I will go get it this weekend. My torque plate is off so I should be able to get a good idea of what it bolts into (if someone else doesn't clue us in).

The good news is the general agreement is you can run without it for periods of time. Running with it mostly bolted in is probably not too much of an issue.

Back