How much $ for wheels?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I went with American Racing Torque Thrust II rims 16 x 7 front and rear with Goodyear Eagle GT tires (225/55R16) and paid $1288.69 for the whole package from TireRack.com, mounted balanced and shipped to my door.

Give them a call they were great. They beat the snot out of all local suppliers.
Do you know what offset or backspacing they are?

I'll let you know tomorrow for sure, I have my Mustang build book at work with all the receipts and specifications, but I think it is 4 1/2". I was going with 8" wide rims but there might have been some clearance issues with the front control arms so to be safe I ordered the 7" wide.

Update 11-28-2012, I checked and the invoice indicates that they are 4.5" backspace on my rims.

Last edited by a moderator:
I will certainly look around. I definitely want a "classic" style but also want to allow for a larger rotor. I don't want "cheap" but less expensive always sounds better than "more expensive". I actually like the look of the '95 Cobra wheels but a 9" wide wheel won't fit up front. Besides, it's the wrong BS.

I've run Baer brakes on three if my cars and have always had issues with the parking brake. I just don't use it.

Shit you blokes have it easy/good over their, the 18' rims and tyres, I got put on my 72 mach before it was shipped down under cost about $2kUS the same here would have been well over $3.5k...
Tell me about it. Every time I hear someone in the US complaining about the price of something........ Still, 2K is too much even there.

Greg

I will certainly look around. I definitely want a "classic" style but also want to allow for a larger rotor. I don't want "cheap" but less expensive always sounds better than "more expensive". I actually like the look of the '95 Cobra wheels but a 9" wide wheel won't fit up front. Besides, it's the wrong BS.

I've run Baer brakes on three if my cars and have always had issues with the parking brake. I just don't use it.
18X9 fits fine with the proper spacer.

In the front? Do you happen to know that BS? How wide of a tire will fit the front? I was thinking 245 was it. I was hoping I could go 275 all the way around.

Very nice. Thank you.

Back