Hyper pistons and timing issues

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Eric, Thank to you to for your time. Interesting that you went to .060 over. I thought that would be pushing it for a Cleveland, but I guess if there is no core shift and the thickness is consistent, why not!

I am hesitant to go that far, but yes it is an option to save the block... at least for a while. Also notice you have a valve stem guide plate installed for a roller cam. Nice pictures by the way. If you're building a custom, why not chose a color you like, nothing wrong with that.

Geoff.
you should always bore the least amount possible not only to make it easier to cool but also so you will have another bore r two left.

if you need an odd size like .045 to keep from going to .060, you can get custom pistons made from race tec . . the 4032 ones are only $575.00 . . thats only $75.00 more than probes and around the same as SRP's.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Eric, Thank to you to for your time. Interesting that you went to .060 over. I thought that would be pushing it for a Cleveland, but I guess if there is no core shift and the thickness is consistent, why not!

I am hesitant to go that far, but yes it is an option to save the block... at least for a while. Also notice you have a valve stem guide plate installed for a roller cam. Nice pictures by the way. If you're building a custom, why not chose a color you like, nothing wrong with that.

Geoff.
you should always bore the least amount possible not only to make it easier to cool but also so you will have another bore r two left.

if you need an odd size like .045 to keep from going to .060, you can get custom pistons made from race tec . . the 4032 ones are only $575.00 . . thats only $75.00 more than probes and around the same as SRP's.
Good info, Thanks.

Back