I’m sorry. I’ve strayed.

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Grabber Green Mach 1
2013 Race Red California Special Convertible
1964 Corvette Convertible
I’ve added another to my garage. I’m now the owner of my parents 1964 Corvette. My brother has had it since my dad died 20 years ago. He now has no interest in it, so now it’s mine. It was ordered in April 1964 by my parents. Still original paint and engine but the frame was replaced in the 80s due to a few years of winter driving. I don’t think I’ll be driving the Mach much this year.

Attachments

• C45DE6E2-2790-485E-867D-F69AAE8C795A.jpeg
    C45DE6E2-2790-485E-867D-F69AAE8C795A.jpeg
    90.8 KB · Views: 33
That’s a real beauty brother.

Nice looking car from the picture. I always been a big fan of the early 60's vettes. Just give the stang a little love every now and then and she will always be there waiting for you.

Nice ride.
You may be the talk of the street with a Ford & Chevy in the same lot.

I really don't believe in being a Ford only person as we should all experience others. Too many awesome cars made. Is that a Shelby in the garage?

It's one of the nicest vette even made for sure. I read 13,925 convertible were made that year vs 8304 coupe. Quite popular considering it's a far from practical car. Sexiness won :)
There's one red 64 or 65 vert driving around here that I see from time to time, can't tell which year.
What's the engine in it?

What's the engine in it?
327ci/250hp. Mom and dad were on a budget In their 20s. Only option he got was white wall tires. Total stripper model. Radio delete, smallest engine, 3 speed manual But has a 4 speed now. I have the sales receipt for $4300. and a vw bug trade in. It was their only car through the 60s.

Beautiful car! My own history is with Chevy's, this 71 Mach that I am restoring now is my first since my 73 Mach 1 back in high school. I attached pictures of my last three restoration projects. This explains why I am in such need of all the great knowledge you guys on this forum are willing to share, as my knowledge base lately is of a different nature shall we say.

Attachments

• 1969 Camaro  (616).jpg
    1969 Camaro (616).jpg
    464 KB · Views: 6
  • Picture 486.jpg
    Picture 486.jpg
    961.8 KB · Views: 6
  • Picture 681.jpg
    Picture 681.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 6
The best body style of Corvette in my opinion Blasphemy forgiven!! LOL! Nice to see family heirlooms kept in the family! Enjoy!

With all older cars disappearing on a daily basis, I don't care if it's a Chevy, Ford, Chrysler or AMC. I appreciate them all. BTW, Beautiful Vette.
You are like me, I like everything. I have been looking for a 4 speed bench seat Demon 340 for a while, had one in high school and I loved that car. A 454 4 speed bench seat El Camino, is something else I lust for, and lets not mention a 1969 AMC Hurst SC/Rambler, or a 455 4 speed Trans Am, or.... I could go on forever. Ohhh a 1970 Torino Cobra 429 SCJ 4 speed.

You are like me, I like everything. I have been looking for a 4 speed bench seat Demon 340 for a while, had one in high school and I loved that car. A 454 4 speed bench seat El Camino, is something else I lust for, and lets not mention a 1969 AMC Hurst SC/Rambler, or a 455 4 speed Trans Am, or.... I could go on forever. Ohhh a 1970 Torino Cobra 429 SCJ 4 speed.

You speak for me!

If only I had the money, time, a big garage and own petrol station...

But sure I am blessed to have this Mach 1. And a Challenger R/T as a daily. So can't complain.

But I know, from time to time the big ol' Hot Wheels Syndrome comes back... Aaah, those cars! I love them - every car manufacturer had it's diamonds in a time!

Latest posts

Back