I bought another Mustang Sprint (woohoo)

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clonetroop211

Reaction score
My Car
1972 Mustang Sprint Sportsroof
351C 2V
I was looking on Craigslist Sunday and found an ad selling a 1972 Mustang Coupe. There were no pictures with the ad but the seller said it was a rare color. It finally got to me and I was wondering what color it was, so I called him yesterday to talk about it. He was telling me about the car , the good and the bad and I asked him about the rare color, he replied, well it's blue on the bottom with a red pinstripe, which really made me excited he was describing a Sprint. I asked him about the interior and he kinda laughed and said, you know, it's exact like the paint scheme, red, white, and blue. I told him I wanted it and if he could send me a picture of the door data plate to verify. I was able to buy the car for 600 and he included a set of the Mustang Bullitt rims. I will be getting a Marti Report so I can see everything it came with, I'm also excited because it has/had a blue vinyl top to which I can't find any pictures of a Coupe with a blue vinyl top. I'm also excited because the car is a 1 owner and I'll be the second. The car will be going to my daughter since I have the Sprint Fastback so we'll kinda have matching cars!

It won't let me add pictures from my phone so I'll get some up soon.

Pictures.....
254zsx0.jpg
2zgdl4x.jpg
otjjhi.jpg

Very cool... she is a Sprint.

Warranty Number: 2F01F173190

Year: 2 1972

Plant: F Dearborn, MI

Body Series: 01 2 Door Hardtop

Engine: F 302 2v V8

Unit: 173190 173190

Miscellaneous Vehicle Data

Body: 65D 2 Door Hardtop

Color: 9A White

Trim: HB Blue All Vinyl with White and Vermillion Appointments, Sprint

Date:

D.S.O: 25 Richmond

Axle: 6 3.00:1, Conventional

Trans: X FMX Automatic

It will be interesting to see the Marti report on this one. Never seen a Sprint with vinyl top.
Yeah, I saw a few using Google, but they had black tops and this one is blue. I'll most definitely be ordering a Marti Report.

Just curious, how long do you plan to take to restore the car? I like it but you have a lot of work on your hands.

Back