Ideas please

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mexican

Reaction score
My Car
71 mustang grande
Just installed the wheels and tires but i think it would look good lowered one or 2 inches up front, found one inch lowering springs, do i have to buy one inch lowering shocks also, any other way to do it? what would look good before i start messing with the body work?

275-45 17 on the rear and 235 45 17 up front

275-45 17 on the rear and 235 45 17 up front

tires2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
You can use the same shocks. It looks like it has been raised in the back or lowered in the front already to me. Clearly, I could be wrong. If the stock springs are in the front, cutting off 1/2 coil from the top of the spring using a cut off wheel will drop it about 3/4 of an inch and only cost you the labor.

Chuck

Mexican,

Man that looks good. I have the 17 inch Mustang Silver Bullet wheels with one lowered up front and one block under the rear end. I do agree with OMS (Don) that it sure look good just like it sits.

mustang7173

Now that you guys mention it, i went outside and gave it another look, i think i like it the way it sits, i may just drop it 1" with the springs since mine are worn out, found lowering 1"blokes for the rear for $35, can't wait to get this show on the road!!

A closer look of the clearences

rear tire

Think i will just leave it alone and start on the body

Think i will just leave it alone and start on the body

5wheel.jpg

wheels.jpg

I agree with Don... keep it the way it is. Looks good the way it is. Love the rims by the way. My $.02.

Done, will not change a thing, you guys are right, looks good the way it is and now will concentrate on the body, fund somebody willing to patch the rusty halls with new metal and leave it ready for paint, this will be my wife's 25th wedding anniversary present in a year, she don't know it yet:D:D

Back