Idler arms. Anyone use a Rare Parts 20250

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Idler arm bolted right up with no modifications.

I also have the Rare Parts pitman on my car. Part seemed nice, machine work etc was excellent. Only gripe was the cheesy foam seal where it meets the center link. That can easily be replaced.

Going back to a post from 02/04/16 this was gone over. The part I bought from NPD 3355-1 seems to have been dropped, not in the 2019 catalog nor on the website. Re-reading back in this thread, it seems a sketch showing the basic geometry is missing. I'm attaching that link and the pdf of the sketch. This may be irrelevant now but what the heck.

https://www.7173mustangs.com/thread-idler-arm-question--25289

EDIT: just a recap. using the bottom of the lower bolt hole as a datum, provided dimensions X and Y match the part you purchased, the geometry will be be same, no matter the shape of the 'arm' or the position of the lower bushing. That's all that matters apart from the top bolt hole being in the correct place and doesn't need to be slotted like the 3355-1.

Idler arm.pdf

Attachments

• Idler arm.pdf
    141.8 KB · Views: 8
Last edited by a moderator:
Idler arm bolted right up with no modifications.

I also have the Rare Parts pitman on my car.  Part seemed nice, machine work etc was excellent.  Only gripe was the cheesy foam seal where it meets the center link.  That can easily be replaced.
Ty.

Back