If you have not heard about the auto thefts from Hot Rod Power Tour

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
Multiple Mustangs!
I am sure some of you have heard about the theft of 5 vehicles in the Hot Rod Power Tour this year. They met in Charlotte to begin the tour and as far as I know none have been located.

Might have used one of the fancy tow vehicles to snatch them.

So when you are at shows if you can park your car close to the entrance and then park another in front of it will make them look for an easier target.

I also still use one of the clubs and also brake pedal locks. I also unhook battery and take coil wire off. Yes they can all be defeated easily with bolt cutter to cut the steering wheel and new wire for coil. The idea is to make them look for an easier target.

Here is link to some of the info. https://www.bing.com/news/search?q=Power+Tour+Cars+Stolen+In+Charlotte&qpvt=power+tour+cars+stollen+in+Charlotte&FORM=EWRE

You can also put chain through your wheel to the leaf springs if you have spokes. Hang note on steering wheel so you don't forget to remove it, lol.

You can also use one of the plastic coated bicycle locks and run it through the latch under hood and put pad lock on the hood so you cannot open it easily.

You can open the door locks in 2 seconds on our cars and a wire from battery to coil and hit the solenoid and varoom you are gone in less than 60 seconds.

I am sure those cars will be broke down and sold as parts were probably already torn down by the next morning.

Notice those were all 80's & 90's GMs. The columns in those cars are known to be easy to override the locks and drive off with them. A sharp twist of the wheel will snap the steering wheel locking pin.

Back