Incorrect Shocks and Mounts?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1972 Fastback
IMG_20150116_183147_005.jpgI believe I have the incorrect shocks and mounts on my 72, it appears someone has change it out to a 70 and prior. Should I just exchange the shocks or get the correct shock mounts?

The reason some folks make the change is there are more shocks available for the earlier models and if you want to run a performance shock using that mount will open up your options.
I was curious as to why someone would have changed those out.

Gabriel shocks were available to fit the '69/70 shock tower tops - it was a gradual evolution for Shelby applications, which used Koni's before switching to Gabriel. As mentioned earlier, this opened up performance shock options.

I've seen the same done on the Tournament of Thrills Diamonds are Forever car - undoubtedly to put shocks in the car that would dampen that two-wheeled stunt.

-Kurt

Gabriel shocks were available to fit the '69/70 shock tower tops - it was a gradual evolution for Shelby applications, which used Koni's before switching to Gabriel. As mentioned earlier, this opened up performance shock options.

I've seen the same done on the Tournament of Thrills Diamonds are Forever car - undoubtedly to put shocks in the car that would dampen that two-wheeled stunt.

-Kurt
I ordered the correct shock mounts from CJ Pony Parts today since I had bought KYB gas adjust. Now I understand why someone would change those out.

Back