Inexpensive scissor lift?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

greghen

Reaction score
My Car
1973 Mustang Convertible
Looking to do more work on my vert and I am thinking about picking up a scissor lift. I think this would be the best option to use in my garage. I have 9.5 ft ceilings. What your thoughts or other options.

Where is the best place to pick one up that I can keep the cost down? I don't want to blow my restoration budget on it... Happy to pick up a used on as well. Donations would be gladly accepted :) I can cover shipping.. Had to throw that in there after all it's the Christmas session!

Thanks guys!

- Greg

I was looking at a portable type 2 post system... theory being you could roll it out of the way when you weren't using it. I think I saw this on Summit's catalog. Seems like I remember $2700 or so?

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/DMR-1375659/

Found it and others if you search vehicle lifts... prices must be Christmas specials :D

Last edited by a moderator:
I was looking at a portable type 2 post system... theory being you could roll it out of the way when you weren't using it. I think I saw this on Summit's catalog. Seems like I remember $2700 or so?

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/DMR-1375659/

Found it and others if you search vehicle lifts... prices must be Christmas specials :D
That thing is badass...just one question though, what keeps those posts from tipping into the car when it's up if they're not bolted to the floor??? looks like it defies the laws of physics to me :huh:

Q's link looks to be superior, and similarly priced. If you read the specs on the one on Summit's site, it does need to be anchored while in use, so you still have the concrete prep, etc.

Maybe in 5-10 years these will be down around $500, when I get around to needing mine? :huh: :shrug2:

That thing is badass...just one question though, what keeps those posts from tipping into the car when it's up if they're not bolted to the floor??? looks like it defies the laws of physics to me :huh:
They do get bolted to the floor, even though that kind of defeats the purpose of portable.

Back