Instrument Cluster Removal

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ill willing to bet that you have faulty grounds on the sockets. Remove all of the twist.in lights and.clean the.contacts with sandpaper. Make them shiny again. And clean on the printed.circuit where the.twist in contacts make contact to the printed.circuit. none of my lights worked until i did that.

Hi Mike,

This is my car now and I'm attempting to fix this issue, I will start taking it apart and doing some checks.

I may be asking for some advice on exactly what you did, sounds like you cleared it up nicely.

Thanks

Dan
So Dan, what did you find out and is it working now?

Scott

Hi Scott

It is not working now, I keep trying new things.

I think it may have something to do with the turn signal switch, I ordered a Scott Drake turn signal switch from CJ pony parts, its not come in yet.

I really don't know what else to do, I will keep plugging away until I figure it out.

Thanks for checking in, glad to know this forum is here and you guys are around.

Dan

Hi Scott

It is not working now, I keep trying new things.

I think it may have something to do with the turn signal switch, I ordered a Scott Drake turn signal switch from CJ pony parts, its not come in yet.

I really don't know what else to do, I will keep plugging away until I figure it out.

Thanks for checking in, glad to know this forum is here and you guys are around.

Dan
Hi Dan,

I'm in a similar boat (un, Mustang?) where I'm having the same type of problems you're describing. The previous owner seems to have hacked up the original wiring and I'm trying to sort that out too. It keeps blowing fuses for the instrument lighting and the only thing working in the right turn indicator, and high-beam and brake indicator. (It's got a tach.)

I think it just may be easier to find a new wiring harness under the dash and go from there. :(

Scott

just go aftermarket and be done with it :D

34j2dfm.jpg

Back