Interesting 'look' for a '73

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1973 Mach1 351 Auto Ram-Air Blue Glow/Argent
1973 'Q' Code 351 Auto Convertible Red
Not sure if this has come up before but..I came across this YouTube vid of a '73 for sale.

It's been fitted with a 71-72 Urethane bumper and valance, maybe they changed the front fenders as well? looks pretty good IMHO.

Interesting , I gotta have that jacket ! rofl At least he's trying to play the part with a sense of humor . :p

It appears to be a 73 with a 72 front clip on it, but with a 73 grill. It also has 71/72 style taillight bezels and rear panel trim.

Interesting , I gotta have that jacket ! rofl At least he's trying to play the part with a sense of humor . :p
I was thinking the same thing about the jacket. But, I don't think I could get my wife to dress up like that.

It appears to be a 73 with a 72 front clip on it, but with a 73 grill. It also has 71/72 style taillight bezels and rear panel trim.
+1 and the headlight doors should be blacked out too. Great soundtrack on the video too. I wonder how much he was asking.

I like it - the 73 fed mandated crash bumper always looked to bulky to me even though I have owned several 73's

If I had a clean set of 71-72 fenders and even just had a chrome front bumper I would not hesitate use them to restore a 73.

- Paul

LOL - I actually owned a fringe leather jacket identical to that in the late 60's - early 70's ! One day it disappeared. Now I know where it went....

Does it come with magnums or center lines?
I would hope the centerlines. As you probably know - those are not true Magnum 500's. I'm pretty sure these trim-ring type came on LTD II's and Rancheros (maybe some others too) in the mid-late 70's -never on a 71-3 Mustang. I think even the repro 14" Magnums look better than the ones with trim rings.

I like this fender/bumper mod for the 73's. But - being more of a purist, I appreciate a nice original 73 too!

Ray

Back