Interesting story (lots of rust)

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah it's interesting that some 20+ year old rides with remains in them. Bet someone's working overtime weeding through lost person records right about now.

Wonder if it will show up on that show "I almost got away with it"

Authorities and local residents have worked together and already have good idea who the people are which represent the skeletal remains.

Both cars are trashed beyond repair. They are both Chevys. One is a 1969 Camaro and the other is a early 1950's 4-door model. I heard most sheetmetal on both cars are potato-chip thin.

b7meew.jpg

2nw07js.jpg

I bet there is one specific tricky curve - it got the people in the sedan and then years later it got the poor kids in the Camero.

Divers found a car in a deep sink hole in Florida that was just past a tee inetersection with a stop sign. Run through the stop sign and you are in the water.

They removed the plates and it showed that the car belonged to an elderly man that had been missing for years. His bones were found in the car when they pulled the car up. He must have not seen the stop sign and drove through it. After that the state put up a barrier.

Myth busters tested escaping a sinking car but they missed the effects of the large amount of gasoline that escapes the tank and would be floating on the surface of the water inside the car. This would make it nearly impossible to see, breath, or to even hold your breath long enough to get out.

What a bad way to go.

Paul

Back