Introduction

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sad to hear. I liked Paul. We shared a few PMs and saw eye to eye on many things.

Paul,

I too offer my condolences on your loss. You had many more years than some do but there is never enough time with Dad.

Me and your dad did have some conversations about engines and how he was sitting in chair directing the work on the cars just a few months ago. He, in my opinion, was the most knowledgeable person on Ford engines of any type from the flathead to especially the 351 C and Boss 429. He was always modest about his knowledge. I had hoped to pull some of it in my next engine build.

Welcome to you into the Forum your dads post will live on here for sure.

Welcome to the forum too. I also offer my condolences on the loss of your father Paul.

I first joined because I was having problems with my 351C 4 V, Paul offered some very good advice which helped get to the bottom of the troubles. His responses to my questions were always clear and concise. So much so that when I read that he was in his 90's, I couldn't believe it. I was sure he was pulling someone's leg. Your father was one of a kind for sure. He will be missed by many.

Geoff.

Not sure how I missed this as I've been wondering what became of Paul and why he wasn't posting any longer. My condolences to you and your family. I enjoyed Paul's posts...he was generous with his knowledge and seemed to enjoy helping folks. Like others have said, I had no idea he was 97! He will be missed.

Welcome to the site,

BT

Sorry for your loss I never had an opportunity to meet with or converse with your Dad but he seemed like a true gentleman. Good luck with the cars he left you and if I can be of any help with the restoration feel free to ask away. I'm sure that goes for the rest of this forum they are all a great bunch of guys and girls who are very knowledgeable.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow - sorry about the loss of your father! I enjoyed his posts as he was an involved member on here. What a very cool legacy to continue membership with his account. I hope we can be as helpful to you as your dad was to many of us.

Respectfully,

Ray

Thanks to all for the kind words.

The family sat around today and read through his internet postings all the way back to the beginning. We did not know how involved he was in this group and many others. The greatest blessing was having access to his computer and the passwords to all of the sites he visited.

It was fun to read each post because in your head you hear the words in his voice.

Dad never lived life inside any box, the lines were not his friends, and he squeezed as much fun as possible out of everything he did.

Sincerely,

The entire Paul family.

Sorry for your loss. My dad is the reason i love these cars. Started with bringing me home from the hospital in a 6 month old 73 Sportsroof, then riding in his Pewter Boss 351 progressing to my first car a 73 H Code Mach1. He has purchased three more since 2001 for our Family to enjoy. Hope that working on his cars helps the healing process for your family.

Back