Is There An Easy Fix? Valence Light

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zach

Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mustang Mach 1 351c 4 speed
Getting ready to send out my spaghetti harnesses to midlife (sorry in advance) and I am checking the rest of my wires that aren’t getting sent out. Found that my front valence signal light has a broken pin on the connector, how easy of a fix would this be and could someone point me in the right direction thanks.
IMG_0938.jpeg

Entire connector has to be replaced. If from valence light, probably have to replace entire light assembly.

Entire connector has to be replaced. If from valence light, probably have to replace entire light assembly.
Dang not what I wanted to hear. Yeah it’s the valence panel light, think they are called parking lights. Seem to be 55 bucks for the whole assembly, 120 for both. When I was looking at it didn’t seem like the connector would leave the housing easily.

Dang not what I wanted to hear. Yeah it’s the valence panel light, think they are called parking lights. Seem to be 55 bucks for the whole assembly, 120 for both. When I was looking at it didn’t seem like the connector would leave the housing easily.
Check with @Bill Perkins or Mike @Motorcity Mustang for good used assemblies. They may be able to save you some $$.

If you aren't worried about concourse-correct, I don't see why you couldn't splice one of these in place of the old connector, and use a little heat shrink over the splice to make it more presentable... worst case do both sides.

If you aren't worried about concourse-correct, I don't see why you couldn't splice one of these in place of the old connector, and use a little heat shrink over the splice to make it more presentable... worst case do both sides.
Thought about that. Think a used assembly is like 30 so it’s a little better.

Back