I've strayed, again.

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Grabber Green Mach 1
2013 Race Red California Special Convertible
1964 Corvette Convertible
A couple years ago my Mach 1 was joined by my dad's '64 Corvette. Today I completed the trifecta of owning something from all of the big 3. I bought a 1971 Plymouth Satellite Sebring. Original paint, 30K miles, 318, auto. It was originally owned by my neighbor. She passed it on to her mechanic a few years ago. Today I bought it from his family. I've had my eye on this car since 1977 when I was 8. The mechanic added the magnum 500s and a 4 barrel carb. He also added power front disk brakes.satellite.jpg

I love that body style with that front bumper. Saw pics of a black one years ago with white strobe stripes on the C pillar and the GTX/Roadrunner hood.
Seriously cool car!

Very nice, I love the body style those years. Has that big heavy Detroit look, but I mean in a good way. Maybe that's why I also like the '71 to '73 Mustangs. I seriously considered a Road Runner of those years a few years ago, before prices exploded on everything. But you get the Road Runner look with the Satellite, and that one is a beauty. Kind of like getting a Tempest or LeMans now rather than a GTO. I came from the Pontiac camp originally. I also strayed a few years back and bought a '85 Ferrari Mondial in addition to my '71 Mach 1 429. Like the movie, Ford v Ferrari, heh.

A couple years ago my Mach 1 was joined by my dad's '64 Corvette. Today I completed the trifecta of owning something from all of the big 3. I bought a 1971 Plymouth Satellite Sebring. Original paint, 30K miles, 318, auto. It was originally owned by my neighbor. She passed it on to her mechanic a few years ago. Today I bought it from his family. I've had my eye on this car since 1977 when I was 8. The mechanic added the magnum 500s and a 4 barrel carb. He also added power front disk brakes.View attachment 88934
I love those cars nice score

My first car while in High School was a 68 Dodge Coronet 500 w/ a 383 4bbl. I have always loved the Chrysler styles but the prices are insane. My preference over the years has been Ford and my family is all Ford. I am a car guy and given the chance to own any of the cool classics I would. Looks like you have a winner there.

A couple years ago my Mach 1 was joined by my dad's '64 Corvette. Today I completed the trifecta of owning something from all of the big 3. I bought a 1971 Plymouth Satellite Sebring. Original paint, 30K miles, 318, auto. It was originally owned by my neighbor. She passed it on to her mechanic a few years ago. Today I bought it from his family. I've had my eye on this car since 1977 when I was 8. The mechanic added the magnum 500s and a 4 barrel carb. He also added power front disk brakes.View attachment 88934
It is a good color combination and the 500s look great on the car, congrats! Chuck

My grandfather had one almost identical to yours, except his was a 360. He'd let me borrow it to go out driving around on days I helped with his citrus grove in central Florida.

Let's not forget about the 53-year-old plastic on that timing chain cam gear. May have never been changed with those low miles.

Really like the car. Did they offer the 340 ( bolt in replacement for the 318 ), for that year? As small blocks go, the 340 was Mopar's hot small block. I think if memory serves, the AAR 'Cuda had a 340 with 3-twos that's very cool.

Really like the car. Did they offer the 340 ( bolt in replacement for the 318 ), for that year? As small blocks go, the 340 was Mopar's hot small block. I think if memory serves, the AAR 'Cuda had a 340 with 3-twos that's very cool.
Good question. I have no Mopar knowledge at all. It's going to be a learning experience for me. As far as I know, the 1971 Satellite was only offered with a slant 6, 318, 383. The Roadrunners could get the 426 and 440s.

Back