Just got the Marti for my '73 Mach 1

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

73mach1whiskey

Reaction score
My Car
1973 Mach1 Ram Air 351C
Thought I'd share my Marti since I just got it. Some of you have probably seen my post of my looking like a fool thinking I had a 351M. Although, I'm happy to look a fool knowing it's a 351C not an M.

Anyway, my Marti is below.

I always thought it was odd to not have the Mach 1 seats but it appears it came w/o.
I was surprised that the Ram Air was not listed but I suppose back then it could have been easily added afterwards. I imagine it would have required a hood swap maybe?
As I learned if it had been equipped with Ram Air from the factory it should have different gearing so it appears it was certainly not factory.
Not sure I have ever seen a Sportsroof with a vinyl roof but this one originally had one.

Overall nothing incredibly "special" with the car but it does help answer some questions. have a good Sunday all

marti report.PNG

That’s one of the earliest 1973 Mustang serial numbers I’ve seen. The Mach 1 Sports Interior was a separate option and many Mach 1’s were built with the standard interior. Also non Ram air Mach 1’s got the scooped hood but with plastic plugs installed with standard air cleaner assemblies. I haven’t seen any blue glow Machs with the vinyl roof and as the Marti indicates, there weren’t that many. I’m kinda partial to the blue glow cars!

That’s one of the earliest 1973 Mustang serial numbers I’ve seen. The Mach 1 Sports Interior was a separate option and many Mach 1’s were built with the standard interior. Also non Ram air Mach 1’s got the scooped hood but with plastic plugs installed with standard air cleaner assemblies. I haven’t seen any blue glow Machs with the vinyl roof and as the Marti indicates, there weren’t that many. I’m kinda partial to the blue glow cars!
Pretty good information to know! Thank you. I wish I had a picture of it with the vinyl. The car entered the family in 86 and it was already gone by then. I hadn't realized it was an early number. Thanks for the info.

Back