KYB shocks?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cazsper

Reaction score
My Car
1968 Coupe: 393w, TKO-600, Maier Racing springs, Global West suspension, Currie 9in with forged axles, 3.50 gears, Trutrac, Baer brakes front/rear
1973 Mach-1: 351c 4V, C-6, 3.73:1 gears and a long "To Do" list..
I am having an issue with my KYB shocks. First of all, I changed the factory front springs to a set of Maier Racing 600# coils that were lowered almost an inch. I also have a set of 165# leaf springs as well. I ordered a set of KYB Gas-A-Just shocks from Summit Racing. But I'm finding that there are hardly enough threads for the fronts. Has anyone else had any issues like this? What part number are you using? Thanks..

I am having an issue with my KYB shocks. First of all, I changed the factory front springs to a set of Maier Racing 600# coils that were lowered almost an inch. I also have a set of 165# leaf springs as well. I ordered a set of KYB Gas-A-Just shocks from Summit Racing. But I'm finding that there are hardly enough threads for the fronts. Has anyone else had any issues like this? What part number are you using? Thanks..
top or bottom?

Do you have an engine in the car?

If the control arms are extended fully the shocks may not be long enough

Last edited by a moderator:
Also, in my experience(2 sets of front coil springs), new springs take several weeks to break in(lower fully).

Just get your wife to sit on the front fender. I would have recommend a few cases of beer, but it would take too many cases of beer to give you the same effect.

Actually they're too long. I picked up a set of lowering springs from Global West (thought I had picked them up from Maier Racing). But they say they only lower the car about an inch. The shocks, are actually too long. There isn't enough threads on the bottom of the front shock to compress the bushing completely. I looked up the part number on Summit Racings website and it was the right part.

Actually they're too long. I picked up a set of lowering springs from Global West (thought I had picked them up from Maier Racing). But they say they only lower the car about an inch. The shocks, are actually too long. There isn't enough threads on the bottom of the front shock to compress the bushing completely. I looked up the part number on Summit Racings website and it was the right part.
Return twice, install once.

I know. When I look up the part for my car, I have the right part number.

I may have had a brain fart and messed that up, but I don't believe I did. I'll have to check. thanks..

Latest posts

Back