LED Headlights

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now I'm laughing!! As per usual, the subject has gone way off track, so I'll just add to it and say this. You Americans got to play with way too many toys in the 60-70's. You had all the goodies.
Up until I came to Canada in 73, most people I knew in England at that time, only had basic cars, but those that could afford 'toys' tended to go more the rally car route. Rally racing was big in England and Europe. I remember seeing "Paddy Hopkirk" Mini Coopers all over the place.
As for me, well for most of my time there when I could drive, was on motorcycles and finally when I could afford a car, the better one was a Vauxall Viva 1600 OHC. Wow, that car would top out at about 90 mph!!!!
When I got over here, my first car I bought in early 74 was a 71 Mustang 302 Fasrback and been a Mustang nut ever since.

Last edited:
....always leaked? You must have had a small block Chevy, only 4 bolts, and back then, everybody had those tall "wingnut" style vave cover fasteners, that everybody always overtightened. If you used rubber gaskets, they'd squish out. Now then, there's that classic Cal-Custom air filter that only had that thin foam element and perforated metal screen on top, with a big wire retaining clip around the circumference. A good backfire, and that was toast. Today though, a cherry set of Cal -Custom valve covers can bring more money than you'd think. Moon's finned valve covers were always the gold standard in valve covers.

Last edited:
I am looking to purchase some LED headlights for my mom's 71 mustang convertible. I am needing advice on which to choose. She would like to retain the stock appearance but have much brighter lights that won't cause all of the oncoming cars to flash her constantly.

I don't think the turn signals were normally part of the headlight, but some of the options I am looking at have that, seems odd.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Ryan
I installed a pair of leds. I highly recommend. They fit perfectly and look O.E.M . Super bright! Really. And they are plug and play install. More importantly they have a voltage regulator on the supplied harness. What burns out leds is fluctuating currents.
I attached the title for the ebay listing. And the ebay item #.
7" Stock Style H4 Glass Headlight LED 4000Lm 20/40w Light Bulb Headlamp Pair
eBay item number:332414180945

Holy Cow! I'm not that old. Those were more like from the Fifties style fads. Lord knows, if you had a chopped coupe, you would only have 6"-8" of windshield, and dice would be in the way. Dice would be out of place in any roadster, so the only car left to display those dice would be a custom, in my mind's eye. Lots of Cal-Custom engine dress-up parts come to mind for my generation ( 60s-70s ), "pencil tips", "lakesides", and "Bellflowers" with glass packs, were popular on custom's exhausts. If you had a hot car, brands like Hedman, Jardine, Hooker, M/T, Cragar ,Cyclone, and Appliance headers were a must.
In my area , add Hush Thrush to that list

Back