Left front blinker light doesn't work

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Check the light bulb first. Buy a new one. I was tricked by a bad bulb that looked good and tested good using a resistance tester on a multimeter but was still bad.

More often than not I find exterior lighting problems to be on account of a ground that has incurred high resistance, or a found wire that was detached for some reason, and either not reattached, or attached in a way to causes high resistance to ground. Before buying bulbs I would check for a poor ground via voltage drop measurement, or swap the bulb with a working bulb. If the working bulb is not working in the socket where the lighting is not working it is a wiring/ground/socket issue - or if you are unlucky it could be a combination of those factors. I use a test light to make certain the socket is getting power before looking at anything else.

Is it an original light fixture or a new reproduction? Had a new reproduction one on mine stop working. I could bend the wires going into the socket upward and it would come on. Decided cut open the sheathing covered the wires at the socket. Found the ground wire that they just soldered on the socket broke off. I put ring terminal on it and used a small screw to hold it on.

Back