let's hear what other hobbies or passions you all have

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When I'm not wrenching on the Mustang I like to play acoustic guitar, snowboarding, making homemade beer and collecting model cars.

I usually build Mustang kits but I built this for my son who is a Titanic nut.

When I'm not wrenching on the Mustang I like to play acoustic guitar, snowboarding, making homemade beer and collecting model cars.
That's pretty cool! I wouldn't say that I am a Titanic Nut, but it is fascinating! I always watch the Disc Channel and History Channel when they have shows on about the Titanic.

Hey there are quite a few musicians here!

I am a dedicated guitar player and over the last 20 years became something like a collector. I have about 20 guitars (some of'em vintage like the the 64 Stratocaster or otherwise collectible) and a cellar full of amps and stuff and I play with two bands.

This being said, I gotta log off, as it is time to pick up our singer and drive to a rehearsal......

Gotta feed that tinnitus! :)

I am a dedicated guitar player and over the last 20 years became something like a collector. I have about 20 guitars (some of'em vintage like the the 64 Stratocaster or otherwise collectible) and a cellar full of amps and stuff and I play with two bands.

This being said, I gotta log off, as it is time to pick up our singer and drive to a rehearsal......

Cool! What kind of music do your bands primarily play?

Doc

Doc
I would guess loud...LOL

[/i][/b] wow after looking at alll the talented folks on here ya probally wouldnt even be interested in what i do. but besides my and my sons mustangs i do a lot of woodworking, here is a sample of it i do a lot of rocking horses. i also spend as much time as i can with grandaughter and granson

DSC02514.JPG

DSC02573.JPG

[/i][/b] wow after looking at alll the talented folks on here ya probally wouldnt even be interested in what i do. but besides my and my sons mustangs i do a lot of woodworking, here is a sample of it i do a lot of rocking horses. i also spend as much time as i can with grandaughter and granson

Very nice. Any discounts for forum members:p

Very nice. Any discounts for forum members:p

sure can do

Nice! You've got a lot of talent,

Doc

I think my username gives it away.....Brazilian jiu jitsu, muay thai and mixed martial arts. I workout out with an awesome group of guys at Top Flight Mixed Martial Arts in Aberdeen, MD

Here is some pics of my other hobbies. During the winter months I go off- road in southern California deserts. ( Ocotillo wells and Glamis sand dunes) My wife and I ride Honda ATV 400EXs and have a turbo 2386 Volkswagen powered dune buggy. Are home away from home is a 40ft weekend warrior 5th wheel witch I tow with my F350 powerstroke.

04-09-2010 105.jpg

04-09-2010 059.jpg

Christmas 2010 106.jpg

When im not messing with the Stang or on the PC looking at what to buy,get,need for the car, I like to fish when the weather permits, play video games when it dont, building a die-cast model of 71 Mach1, like to full around with photography and Phot shop.

Doc
I used to play in a lotta bands over the last 20 years, most of them rock bands, some of them very blues based. (Think "ZZTop, CCR" etc)

I also did some "Top 40" stuff, which is what we call bands that get hired to play covers of classic rock and pop songs and the top 40 stuff that is in the charts at that given time. Those are for dance nights on weekends (also New Year's Eve, Carnival, corporate parties etc). Those are a lot of work, as it goes for about 5 hours without a break and you gotta switch styles continuously. ( From Dr Alban to ZZTop in 5 minutes...!)

Right now, I play in two bands, as I mentioned before.

One is a rock band where we play mostly our own material and do one or two covers just for the fun of it. (Called "Pilli Pilli")

The other band is my "baby". It is a tribute band to Melissa Etheridge, where we obviously only play Melissa's songs. It's named "Little Secret" after the hit album from the nineties.

That one is really great fun, mostly Telecasters and vintage Fender amps. (The guitarholics know what I'm talking about!)

As our singer doesn't play guitar, I get to play a lot of the 12 string acoustic too.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been building & Flying Model aircraft for about 40 Years..For the last 13 years I have designed & scratch built a few pattern (precision aerobatics) aircraft which I Have competed with & won quite a few contests. I also love model building & Ho slot cars...The track pic is my home track I built(still in process) Besides that I also build computers, love electronics , photography & Racing go karts

100_1928.JPG

100_1926.JPG

100_1925.JPG

100_1927.JPG

DSCF0140.JPG

DSCF2872.JPG

My other hobbies....

haha...

Anything and everything to do with a car, any car. Everything I do revolves around cars one way or another....

I bought a playstation...so I can play car games...

I have a computer....so I can order car parts....

I remodel my room....with car memorabilia...

The list goes on and on.

Back